Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile][Playlists] Bring back the Enhance playlist feature

I understand that you replaced the "enhance playlist" button with 'Smart Shuffle'. The smart shuffle feature is a massive step back from how easy and useful the enhance feature was at finding new music to add to a playlist. The feature still exists on PC and laptop versions of spotify but it really needs to make a return to the phone app. 

Smart shuffle requires you to go to the playlist ques to see what was added instead of just showing you the songs that were added in the playlist. Please fix this feature!!

Updated on 2023-10-09

We appreciate your contribution to the Ideas Exchange. However, it seems that your suggestion has not yet garnered enough votes to remain active on the board.

To maintain an overview of the active ideas, we have decided to update your suggestion status to Closed - Not Enough Votes for now. Please note that this does not indicate a rejection of your idea by Spotify.

If you stay passionate about your request, we encourage you to continue promoting it to accumulate more popularity. Other users can still vote and comment to show their support.

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
ddalgimel

i hate this feature 😭 if i add a song they suggest while im listening it re shuffles my entire playlist again. like is the shuffle so smart if it cant just add a song without completely ruining my listening history. and especially with the way spotifys shuffle algorithm works it keeps bumping the same songs to the top of the shuffle so i keep hearing the same songs over and over again. there was no reason to change the enhance playlist feature

Mr_Birdsong

I don't understand why spotify changes features back and forth between the mobile and desktop applications. Smart shuffle is terrible, Enhance feature is wonderful! Both features have been implemented before, why not just make them both available for desktop&mobile, why choose, why limit..?

Olly1409

PLEASE bring back the enhance button. The smart shuffle is a HUGE step down from the enhance button. 

Peachy09

Bringing back Spotify enhance feature on the app would make the app better. Spotify shuffle is not only annoying, because it happens when u are trying to take your playlist off shuffle but it also only adds the songs to the queue and you aren't able to see the songs added like with the enhance feature. The Spotify shuffle feature should be a separate button from the shuffle button and should be an alternative not a replacement for the far better and more enjoyable Spotify enhance feature. 

asdf420

Such a shame this has been nerfed. Was about the only remaining good way to discover new music and build my collections. and it worked soooo well. Could start from one particular song you jived with and end up with a two hour playlist!

tam1o-b_4qayj

Smart Shuffle is a complete**bleep** feature. It lacks functionality that Enhance had before, namely recommending more songs based on ones you decide to add from the Enhance feature. Smart shuffle constantly recommends me the same songs I have no interest in and it’s much harder to get them to stop being recommended as you now have to go into Queue. The recommendations in general are also worse. 

TareM

Thank goodness someone else mentioned this. I was really happy with the enhance feature and the + & - buttons to easily add songs to my playlist. Why was that changed? Please can we go back to the older feature. Its been bugging me for a while and that's the only reason i actually joined the community to get that feature brought back. 

Xaymar

Man, i miss this feature already. Smart shuffle fails after adding one song, and often doesn't even work. Meanwhile "Enhance" has let some of my playlists grow with artists that I would outside not have found. I'm hoping i can downgrade the app again - otherwise might as well just cancel Premium if they can't decide on what features I as a customer should be allowed to use.

Plazmex8

Now it takes me more than 30 seconds to turn off shuffle, because it keeps spinning when I DON'T EVEN WANT SMART SHUFFLE, but I'm forced to go through it! What's worse, when you finally turn off shuffle it just DELETES all your playing queue!!!!! If you really care about your users, please bring back the old separate “enhance playlist” button, that will add suggested songs into playlist without messing with the plying queue and without wasting our time. 

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2023-10-09

We appreciate your contribution to the Ideas Exchange. However, it seems that your suggestion has not yet garnered enough votes to remain active on the board.

To maintain an overview of the active ideas, we have decided to update your suggestion status to Closed - Not Enough Votes for now. Please note that this does not indicate a rejection of your idea by Spotify.

If you stay passionate about your request, we encourage you to continue promoting it to accumulate more popularity. Other users can still vote and comment to show their support.

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.