Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Music] ASIO Output Support

Please can you add support for an ASIO audio output device?

As a owner of a separate headphone DAC + Amp, I get much better quality music when I'm using the bit-perfect ASIO output rather than DirectSound, which changes the audio bitstream before it reaches the DAC. ASIO output would be a great compliment to the Spotify high-quality streaming.

About ASIO4All : http://www.head-fi.org/t/221237/asio4all-explanation

Thanks!

----

My Audio equipment : Schiit Bifrost + Asgard, Beyerdynamic DT 250 headphones

Comments
gvl

No one is listening.

roberteavila

Dear Spotify,

I've really enjoyed your program, however, you seem to continually ignore your customers inquiries.

"Hey everyone, currently we don't have plans for this in our timeline. However, if this continues to grow we will keep passing this feedback on to our internal teams. Thank you for coming to the Idea Exchange with your feedback!"

I've seen this on about 10 different threads, and those are just the ones that I'm concerned about. 

You do not seem very committed to improving your platforms, and after seeing this thread (6 years of people asking for a simple thing like getting ASIO support) I think it's time for me to switch over to TIDAL.

Let me know when you guys get serious.

Robert

noel_fs

Just implement it, it wont cost you anything and really makes a big difference

theveterans

Even the crappy iTunes for Windows software has WASAPI playback so I can isolate its bitperfect playback straight to my external DAC while the rest of system sounds and directsound programs are directed to another sound output (muted of course) so that there's no way that those system sounds and directsound can interfere with low latency playback from iTunes.

Untitled.jpg

draeft-lore

Can we get this from a "not right now", to "we are working on this **bleep**ing right now"?  Seriously Fidelify sounded that much better that I liked using it instead of the offical client.  I had to swap because of a switch to linux and it sucks. It is starting to look like apple music may become an alternative I will take because of this.  when I get my Massdrop x Asrist Audio R2-R DAC and Massdrop x Koss electrostatic headspeakers

vlijmscherp2016

2018 and still no Asio4all or Wasapi? 

Please add it. It will be so much better.

Thanks

davidsalonen

Please please please add ASIO support!

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-31

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea set to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Rest assured that if we do have any new information to share, we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

ZedX

It's 2019 and I really want this feature! Exactly what is new or interesting with Spotify since I signed up? Still streaming music, not seeing any customisation options or added functionality for audiophiles.

KristoPL

Not Right Now is just your way of telling us, go f.. yourself.

Really sorry for swearing but how much resources you need to implement this feature?

Guys and gals don't count on Spotify, we're simply 1% audience that cares about the sound quality.

Even if all of us canceled the subscription Spotify would not notice.