Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song Comments

Dear Spotify,

I have an idea for a feature that I would very much enjoy to have on Spotify. I would like to be able to make notes on my playlists about songs. I think it would make collaborative playlists especially fun. I am picturing a feature that would be available for each song on a playlist the user makes where you can insert some text. The comment made on the song would only be able to be seen by those who have access to that playlist. The comments on the songs in that playlist do not show on that song in any other of the user's playlists or saved songs. I would use this function on playlists I share with my friends so that I can comment the significance of the song or put some fun fact on it. For example, one could put the comment "I listened to this in high school" on the song Bohemian Rhapsody. The comment could appear to users below the song like the lyrics feature or maybe in a way similar to looking at the song credits. If you have any questions, I would be happy to clarify.

Thank you!

Comments
Cactus-Cat

I think it would be cool to have this with the option to make the comment privately, as you said, or also with the choice to make it a public comment. Talking to others about music is fun. We need more community. I'd love to hear people's thoughts and stories about music we share enjoyment in.

Nikki_H

I just thought of this very idea! It would help me SOOO much to be able to see my friends' and family's noteson the songs they add to their playlists, and to be able to share my own. 

Individual notes would be able to be made public or private at the click of a toggle, with an option to make all notes in the playlist public/private.