Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

when i skip a song again and again, then limit suggesting me that song

lets say i listened to a song outside of spotify and really liked it. Then i search it on my spotify and listen to it a few times, hence suggesting the algorithm that i love the song. So yeah i would love to hear it for sometime, but after a while everyone gets bored of a song, or i wouldnt like myself to overlisten to that song so that i start hating it. Therefore, i start skipping the song when spotify plays it automatically after any song i play. But the algorithm doesnt get this and adds it to queue again and again while on smart shuffle, etc.

I would request the devs to take note of this, and if a person skips a song again and again, please stop suggesting it altogether or atleast reduce its frequency in your automatic queues.

Thanks and Regards.

Comments
G_Trees

God, this should be so obvious. Please do this. 

RogueToaster

I would second this. I don't know if there's been a change in the algorithm or if it's just chance, but Spotify has been replaying an astronomical number of songs on repeat regardless of me skipping them almost every time. It's gotten to the point where I'm about done listening to any algorithmically-generated choices and am incentivized to get off my **bleep** and put some time into curating my own music. The repetition is driving me insane.