Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android app just spins - have to force stop and restart

Android app just spins - have to force stop and restart

I am running latest version of Android app on my Motorola X4 smartphone. Every time I open Spotify app, nothing really loads and I have a spinning icon. I have to close app, go to apps settings, click on Spotify and do a Force Stop. Then I can open app and it populates the music and works normally.  I have to do this every time I open app after it has been closed. Really annoying. It has been doing this for a while now. All my apps and op system are up to date. I am a Spotify Premium user.

3 Replies

Hey @neo-702,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after running a clean reinstall on your device? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations.

It's a good idea to make sure that Spotify is excluded form all battery and storage optimization services on your phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Did not really help. I deleted and re-installed app. I still have to go to Applications/Notifications and Force Stop the Spotify app, then re-launch to get it to fully load. It also works if I reboot the phone, which is unacceptable.

Hey @neo-702

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts