Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bug-Report: Spotify App in Volvo Sensus

Bug-Report: Spotify App in Volvo Sensus

Hello,

I follow the Spotify community, especially the Volvo Sensus part, since a several time and I would like to announce you two new problems with "Volvo Sensus Spotify App":

1) The "Like" function does no longer work: When the song plays, you can select the "heart" and it became coloured, but it does not add the song to your "liked-song-list". Next time when you listen the same song again, it is not liked-song. You can repeat the same process as long as you want, but the song will not be added to the "like-list". In the Spotify App this work very well but not in the Volvo Sensus-Spotify App.

P.S.  ==> it worked before the famous February-Update 

2) In the Library, only the 50 first artists/album followed/liked are showed. There is something liked a placeholder for the others ==> see picture bellow

image.png
10 Replies

Hey @Pattoon_one,

Apologies for the late reply here!
Let's try some troubleshooting - hopefully one of these steps will help get us closer to resolving your issue:

• Reset the Volvo's infotainment system
  • Verify if there are noticeable issues with any of the other apps
  • See if a regular BT connection to the vehicle would yield the same results
  • Check if the same issue appears when a different mobile device is used; if possible - test with both your account and someone else's

We'll be on the lookout for you reply 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank for your feedback. This week-end I had some time to test several things:

• Spotify in Volvo Sensus: Disconnect and reconnect (via Spotify pair) ==> no success
  • Reset Volvo Sensus and reconnect Spotify (via Spotify pair) ==> no success
  •  No problem with any other Sensus App (TuneIn, Yelp, Meteo, Google, ..) before and after the Sensus Reset
  • I normally use the internal Volvo Modem (with my SIM card) and not the Phone (via BT) connection to stream music. I switched to BT but ==> no success
  • .With Spotify on my PC (Desktop or WebBrowser) or with my Phone or Tablet (Android App) or Android Auto, I can see all Artists or Albums or Like Songs.But not on the Volvo Sensus App.
  • In my Volvo (and after the mentioned resets) I connected the Spotify account of my friend. Same behaviour as described in my post ==> no success

I hope that my descriptions may help you. If you need more details ,please contact me. 

BR, Patrice

Sorry, to resume my different tests, described above:

• All tests didn't change anything on my initial problem announcement.The problems / bugs are still there.

Hey @Pattoon_one,

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Our teams are aware of this, but we can't commit to a specific timeline for a fix. We'd suggest keeping the app up to date at all times so you don't miss out on any developments. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. Just notifying that this is a common issue with Volvo Sensus models. A lot of customers( big Facebook group with tens of thousands members) are hoping that you guys can fix this soon. Thank you. 

Any news? Been a good 3 months of this function missing…

Still having the issues as mentioned above. Any solution brewing??

Plan: Premium

Device: Volvo Sensus

Operating System: Sensus

My Question or Issue:

I can not add any song to favourite list cca 3 months in the Volvo car - sensus. When I click on the Heart (add to favourite), the heart change the colour to white - added. But when I play next song and then I go back to previous song, it is again black. When I go to Favourite library, track was not added. I used this function very often in the car and now I really miss it. Only way how to add songs to Favourite library is to use another device like Android or Web player.

Still waiting for a fix, almost 5 months of not being able to use the favourite/like function on Volvo sensus. Dude this is a 2024 produced car, can someone at either Volvo or Spotify start to work on this already?

Same problem. Please fix it. 

Suggested posts