Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can listen to music but podcasts wont play

Can listen to music but podcasts wont play

Hi

I've been listening to podcasts for ages, I can play music, but then when I go to play a podcast I can open the podcasts but they won't play when I click on play

Any ideas??

2 Replies

Hi @Mrsvan1,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the late reply, I just came by your post.

Are you still experiencing this issue? What device does it occur on? If possible, try logging in on another device or on the Web Player to see if the issue persists there as well. Also, does it happen with specific episodes or with all podcasts in general? A short screen recording which captures this in action would be greatly appreciated.

Check if the issue occurs both on Wifi and mobile data. You can also try logging out and signing back in to your account twice in a row as it triggers an internal refresh of the app that may help here. If that doesn't do the trick, perform a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S

Device

Samsung Galaxy S23

My Question or Issue

Podcasts wont play on Spotify. I've tried clean and hard resetting the app, clearing the cache, removing SIM card and everything you could imagine. Every now and then I'll have luck downloading and playing one or two podcasts, but besides that, they wont play.  My music plays and downloads just fine as well. I can see the podcasts and everything else just fine, but when I press the play button it just endlessly buffers and is stuck at 0:00. When I try to download them, it will look like everything is normal, except the progress wheel wont change. I've let my phone sit for hours in an attempt to play the podcasts, but nothing ever happens. I typically am an iOS user, and I haven't ran into the issue before, so I really don't have any other ideas on how to fix this.On other devices, podcasts will play just fine and I have no issue you with it so it doesn't have to do with my network connections. Any support would be very much appreciated. 

Suggested posts