Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Galaxy Watch Issue: Spotify automatically resume audio

Galaxy Watch Issue: Spotify automatically resume audio

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch SM-R800

Operating System

Tizen v4.0.0.1

SW vR800XXU1BRJ4

Spotify Version 1.2.1

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Here is the description of my issue, reproduced many times, even after system reset.

- Disconnect the watch from the phone (e.g plane mode)

- Play any music on spotify while offline.

- Pause the music

- If you are totally offline, just say "Hey Bixby" to trigger an audio response from the assistant, telling you it has no connection.

- When the assistant finishes to speak, Spotify automatically resumes the paused audio track.

I noted this behaviour every time the watch "speaks". What really happened was during a running session, I paused the music, turned off my bluetooth headset. The watched started to tell me "great it's over", then the music was automatically resumed on speaker... after each watch message.

I believe my issue is linked to this one: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-playing-on-Galaxy-Watch-after-phone-call-unw...

I would say there is wrong trigger catched when the watch releases the audio after a message (or a call, did not try). I don't know if it is on your side or on the Tizen one, but it is quite annoying. 

I will try to submit this information on Samsung side aswell. 

I'm pretty sure that you are aware that there are some bugs here and there on this wearable version. Well, where there is software, there must be some bugs 🙂 But I really think this one is kindda critical and could hugely lower user experience on this kind of device.

Feel free to contact me if you need any other information.

And thank you for the hard work 😉

Suggested posts