Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to sort podcasts on web player?

How to sort podcasts on web player?

Can't download desktop app on work computer. Trying to listen to older podcasts with 100s of episodes and having to scroll for minutes to get to the episode that I need at the very bottom of the list. Can not figure out how to sort by date or by what I haven't listened to.
6 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for the post.

Currently there is no option to sort podcast episodes on the Web player.

What you can do is search for the episode number you'd like to play.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So for podcasts with thousands of episodes, in the web player it sorts by default to have the oldest episode at the top, then only shows 10 episodes and a 'show more' button that reveals the next 10. The answer really is to click that button 100 times to see the most recent episode???

Hey @afrohorse,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

While there's no specific way to sort or filter podcast episodes in the Web Player, we can suggest that you to create an idea on the topic, as we always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. This way, other users can leave a vote there to show their support as well.

We also recommend checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My favorite answer from mods in every help forum, "submit an idea!".

Thanks, Spotify, for the useless answer. Maybe add a SORT function and DEFAULT settings for sorting. 

I like how this post was originally made years ago to argue that having to scroll through hundreds of episodes was annoying, only for Spotify to have since made it *abundantly worse* by removing the infinite scroll and replacing it with a button that loads 6 episodes at a time.

Real bang-up job there. Has the dev working on the browser version ever actually used a web browser?

Suggested posts