Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I have an issue with the end of songs randomly getting cut off.

I have an issue with the end of songs randomly getting cut off.

It doesn't happen on every song and it's seemingly random. It happens on my Android mobile app. I happens on my laptop desktop app. My playback settings on the mobile app are greyed out and I can't change them but gapless playback, crossfade and automix are on. I have turned off all three on the desktop app. I have tried turning crossfade to 0 seconds. The issue still occurs. It started a few weeks ago all of a sudden.
8 Replies

Hey @wsnydes,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like you might checking your settings on mobile while you are streaming music with Connect on different device (perhaps on the desktop app).

Keep in mind that some settings are unavailable when you're not from the mobile device directly. You should be able to access them if you change the playback device to your phone through the device picker.

Should the settings still not appear, it's also worth checking your phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

An another note, when the songs get cut off - does playback stop completely when this happens, or are songs just ending early? Also, have you noticed if you experience the same thing using another internet connection?

Let us know how you get on!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I do have two Heos capable receivers that I use often.  And I do use each device often, but not typically at the same time.  But the issue is present whether I'm using them or not.  I have two laptops plus a phone that have Spotify installed, so it's possible that I have the desktop app running on one of the laptops while it's asleep.  I'll pay attention to that to see if that is the culprit.

When the song cuts off, it just starts right into the next song.  Playback continues with some songs being cut short and others not.  It seems pretty random.

Update:  I turned my laptops off and was able to turn off the playback settings on my phone.  I started playing through one of my Heos receivers.  I then started up a laptop.  I did not start up Spotify on my laptop, but the next song cut the end of the song off.  The next song did as well.  I checked my mobile playback settings and they were greyed out again.  Doubled checked that Spotify was not running on the laptop, not even in the background.  The settings appear to be available when I'm not playing through the receiver.

Hey @wsnydes,

Thanks for the additional info!

Does this happen with Crossfade being set to 0 on the mobile device?

If not - try setting it to 0 on mobile and then connect to one of your Heos receivers.

My theory is that Crossfade still tries to work but it's incompatible with Connect, so what you get is a cut-off instead of the smooth transition.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Update 2: songs still cut off if I set the crossfaded to 0 before connecting to a receiver.  First song played cut off.  I should also mention that this occurs even when I'm listening to my laptop speakers and not connected to a receiver, so I'm not sure it's related to the receivers or Heos. 

Thanks for the info @wsnydes!

Does this occur with a specific playlists or with all content in general? If it's with specific Spotify playlists, I'd recommend making sure Automix is toggled off in the app's settings.

In any case, a short screen recording (with audio) which captures the descried behavior in action would be greatly appreciated. If you're unable to attach it here in your reply, you can instead upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video, or to Google Drive - just make sure the file is accessible by anyone with the link.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Premium

Country

NZ

Device

Various

Operating System

Windows, Android

My Question or Issue

Songs on my playlists randomly do not finish. They cut out part way through the song and jump to the next in the queue. I have performed clean reinstall on all devices, cleared cache and downloads and switched off crossfade and automix and disabled hardware acceleration. None of these things has worked.

I have the same thing happening to content in general. I have tried numerous playlists and the cut out keeps happening.  My automix is off. Not sure a video will help - the songs just randomly stop part way through and the next song starts. This does not happen with every song and there is no timing correlation in regard to when it happens.

Suggested posts