Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music plays, but no sound and songs skip after 10 seconds

Music plays, but no sound and songs skip after 10 seconds

On both my Apple TV and Yamaha receiver, Spotify appears to connect and songs start playing, but no sound comes out. Then, after about 10 seconds, the song will skip to the next and then this repeats. Have reinstalled Apple TV app, and Spotify plays fine on other devices on same Wi-Fi network/router.
85 Replies

Same issue here.  Was there an update to the Spotify app within the past week or so?  Something is definitely broken.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

@swarfs, just to confirm, are you experiencing this on the same devices (Apple tv and Yamaha receiver)? 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices (phones, PCs, etc.) while using the Connect feature? 

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It happens on both devices yes, and on Spotify Connect from my Mac, iPhone, and iPad when I try to play to my Yamaha receiver.

I have a Sonos Roam which uses Connect and it seems to be unaffected.

I've tried resetting my router, my Yamaha receiver, and doing a clean install of all Spotify apps and nothing has fixed the problem.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts. Can you provide us with the following info:

• Device Model and OS version 
  • Spotify app version if applicable
  • Speaker/ AMP model 
  • When did this start happening

Looking forward to your replies. 

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Eni,

My issue is with the Spotify Windows app not playing any song outside of a playlist.  I am using the latest version of the Spotify windows app ( I have tried re-installing... no help).  My OS is Windows 10.  I have also tried all of the fixes suggested elsewhere on this board.  I believe Spotify is aware of this issue and has categorized it as an ongoing problem.  Here is my log file.

Hi @swarfs

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We see that we already replied to your question in this thread. Let's keep the conversation there to avoid any mix-ups.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same issue here. Does not play on Samsung TV using Zapoleon TV interface, or on my iPhone (latest iOS), or MacBook (latest OS). I’ve reinstalled app…nothing. Songs play 9-10 seconds with no sound, and then the next event begins with the same situation. 

I had the same issue. I reinstalled spotify on my apple tv but that didn’t work. I then tried updating the apple tv to the newest version and that solved it! 

Same here. No sound when playing from iPhone or iPad. After 10 seconds the song skips, but only when connected to Audiolab streamer. With laptop  (windows 10) everything works fine. In the car (apple play) also no problems. Any suggestion is welcome!

Hey @Bks2,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Could you please share the details that @Alex requested earlier in this thread? Does the issue occur only when using Bluetooth? Have you tried streaming directly via your iPhone/iPad to check if you'll experience the same? 

On another note, would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

i’ve experienced same problem too. When playing spotify throught Audiolab streaming machine, songs just keep skipping every 10seconds with no sound at all. I’ve tried clean and re-installed Spotify and also the streaming app (play-if) . Nothing worked…. 

Hi,

I have the same problem, but my Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V485. Streaming to the receiver using AirPlay or Bluetooth works nice.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In this case, could you provide us with the info @Lyubka and @Alex asked for previously? We'd like to take a closer look. 

We'll be waiting for your replies.

EniModerator

Hi Eni,

• Device Model and OS version : Iphone X, 16.5;
  • Spotify app version if applicable: 8.8.43.436
  • Speaker/ AMP model : Receiver Yamaha RX-V485
  • When did this start happening: After updating the firmware. Yamaha says there's nothing wrong, and that it's a Spotify app error.

Note: If I try to use Spotify Connect between my receiver and notebook/desktop, it doesn't work either.

I tried to downgrade the firmware of the receiver, without success, after getting a version with Yamaha support. It looks like this update is just one way.

Tried to reinstall Spotify App (clean install), reset modem/router, disconnect the receiver power cord.

All unsuccessful.

Hi there @NaderBazzi,

Thanks for the info. Have you tried connecting the devices to a different network and seeing if that makes a difference? If you haven't, please do so and let us know how it goes. You can use a hotspot made from your phone if necessary.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Joan,

No difference, I tested it now.

Hey @NaderBazzi,

Thanks for the reply.

How is the receiver connected to the playback device? What are the sound playback settings of the device? We need the frequency and bitrate.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian,

Receiver by wired connection. 

Where can I get this information you requested?

Suggested posts