Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My playlists not showing up in other users' searches.

My playlists not showing up in other users' searches.

None of my playlists have any more than several saves. I have some that have no saves or just one or two saves and don't show in other people's searches. I tried in someone else's account to search for my playlist, but even if I filter to ONLY see playlists, I see all results, but some of my playlists are not listed, not even ranked to the bottom.

Why would this be? Are you not giving niche playlists a chance to get traffic? Why doesn't Spotify Search index every playlist that exists on Spotify?

4 Replies

Hey there @WorldQuestioner,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! Hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here.

Just to make sure we cover all bases, could you double-check so that these playlists have been added to your profile? You can check this by following the steps here.

You can also try renaming some of the playlists, should they still not appear. If they have common names, it's possible that they don't always appear in the displayed results. In this case you can try giving those playlists a more niche name.

Another option, if you'd like to share a specific playlist to someone, is to copy the playlist link. Feel free to have a look on this page for more info on how to share a playlist.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When I search "Industrial, EBM, and futurepop breakup songs," the result doesn't show up when I'm not logged in. The playlist is Industrial, EBM, and Futurepop breakup songs - playlist by Jonathan | Spotify

Why don't quotes work like on Google search? Why don't quotes mark exact phrase like they do on Google Search.

Hey @WorldQuestioner,

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, not all playlists on Spotify are indexed. There are multiple factors that come to play in order for a playlist to show up in Search such as popularity, number of followers, uniqueness of name, etc. This post goes more in depth, so feel free to check it out for more info on the matter. For the time being, I recommend sharing the link directly with other users.

Hope this clears things up.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why are not all playlists on Spotify indexed? Would it just overwhelm the search engine? Is it an issue with crawl budget like with Googlebot?

Suggested posts