Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Skips to the next song before previous is finished playing on PS5

Skips to the next song before previous is finished playing on PS5

I listen to spotify on PS5 99% of the time. A few days ago, it started randomly skipping to the next song before the previous song was finished playing. It does not happen every song, maybe 1/7 songs. The same song will not always do it either, and it does not happen at a consistent time in songs, it feels purely random. Sometimes it’s early in the song, sometimes it’s halfway through. I have already tried turning the app and console off and back on, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and I tried logging out all devices and back in. It has never paused on its own, or played songs not on my playlist. It just ends songs early sometimes.
5 Replies

Hey @ZombieKaiju,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd recommend giving this a try on a different network. If possible - try with another Wi-Fi connection. If this is not possible - ask a friend or a family member to start a hotspot for you and use that network to test.

It's also a good idea to make sure that the OS on your device and the Spotify app are up-to-date.

If you're still experiencing this, could you please let us know what you've been listening to (i.e. any playlist, specific playlist, album, autoplay, etc.)? We'd also need to know if you control the playback on the PS5 directly or via Spotify Connect (phone or desktop).

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same issue. Playing through my PS5 and listening to a podcast, it will always skip to the next podcast (usually after a few minutes, but it's pretty much random). I have tried restarting both the Spotify app and PS5 and playing directly through PS5 and Spotify Connect (through iOS app), and the issue persists. I even tried using a hotspot from my phone to connect my PS5 and still, the issue persists (this would not be a long-term solution anyhow, as the PS5 having a strong internet connection certainly outweighs the need for Spotify). Very annoying as it would be great to have the game sound and a Podcast / music at the same time...please let me know if you figure out the issue!

Hi there @JaySteezy415,

Thanks for reaching out!

Does this happen when you have the whole Spotify app open (not just the Spotify widget) on your PS5? It'd also be great if you can ask someone to log in their Spotify account on your PS5 to check if the same happens on their account as well. And just to confirm - does the same occur if you start playing a podcast on your phone, then switch the playback to the PS5 with Spotify Connect?

Another thing you can try is clearing your PS5's cache. Note that you'll need to readjust your settings afterwards. To clear the cache:

• Power off your PS5, then unplug the power cord from both the console and the power outlet and wait around 30 sec.
  • Plug the cord back in and power on your PS5.

Let us know how it goes.

DessiModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I also have this problem and none of the suggestions from the replies work.

Basically it happens only if I have the widget running in the background while gaming. When the full app is open it works fine.

I will usually have started the playback from my phone and then use the connected devices / devices on my network functionality to start playing on my PS5.

It's almost as if the widget picks up a shoulder button press every now and then and then thinks that input was a prompt to skip.

Hey @Schattenjager and everyone else,

Thanks for letting us know about this!

We can't provide you with an exact timeframe in which it will get addressed but we've reported it backstage and it's being looked into 🙂
In the meantime, if you spot any exact controller button that skips the songs, please let us know.

We'll be on the lookout for new replies. Thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts