Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect | Android | Sonos | Chromecast | Bugtastic

Spotify Connect | Android | Sonos | Chromecast | Bugtastic

Hey,
Is it me or is Spotify Connect with Android and Sonos more buggy than, well, something very buggy?
I was using GPM (Google Play Music) with the above combination and it was flawless. I'd open the GPM app on the phone, click cast, chose my Sonos or Chromecast and hey presto it would do as I ask.
So here we are back on Spotify with a Premium account. I open the Spotify app on the phone, click Device Available, and then get a list that may contain sweet FA, it could contain just the Chromecasts, or just the Sonos devices, with a fair wind it could even contain all the devices.
I'm using the same Sky router (UK) I used with GPM, I'm a techie and WFH so know there are no issues with the wifi.
Is it just me?
Do I have to give up on Spotify, again, and go back to GPM?
Help!!!
Thanks,
Gerg

3 Replies

Surely it can't just be me suffering with Spotify Connect.

I'm happily playing some tunes from the Andoid Phone (Nexus 6p), I pause the music from the app so that I can take a call on my desk phone. I go to resume the music and it can't find any devices, not the Sonos it was playing to, the Sonos in the other room or either of the chromecasts!

Or.... I'm happily playing music, go to pause it and Spotify no longer knows it's playing anything. I go back into Spotify a few mins later and it's remembered that it's playing music to the Sonos and I have control again!

Cheers,

Gerg

I'm talking to Sonos support about the issues. They've been really helpful and of course they have a phone number! I'd love to talk to Spotify but they don't have a phone number:-( For my £180 per year I get to talk to some moron via chat.

Anything I find out I'll share here 🙂

Hey, I'm suffering very similar issues. For me it was intermittent until I added a Chromecast this last week. Now Spotify sees all the Sonos speakers and the Chromecast, but will only play on the Chromecast. **bleep**!

I can play Spotify from within Sonos but the UI is nowhere near as easy/nice as going from Spotify and casting. 

I've rebooted, disconnected Spotify and sonos and reconnected but nothing seems to be working. Very annoying.

Suggested posts