Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The wrong song keeps playing and there's no way to loop a song/album.

The wrong song keeps playing and there's no way to loop a song/album.

I click to play an album in the web browser. All the songs are jumbled together and not able to be selected anymore. I can click Play but it just randomly picks a song and then skips to a different artist...please tell me there's a setting somewhere I missed.
3 Replies

Hey @Mj2222,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Keep in mind that this is an expected behavior if you're currently using the free version of Spotify. You can only shuffle music except on certain Spotify playlists such as those made for you. 

If that's not the case and you're on a Premium subscription, make sure that the Shuffle feature is turned off.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So, the free version doesn't play the songs we want to hear? 

Steps to repro: 

1. Go to Artists website

2. Click to listen to album

3. Listen to one song from the album

4. Every single song after that one song is from some other random artist in the same genre. There's no repeat, clicking the circular arrows icon does nothing.

This is WAI for the free service? So, Spotify picks who I listen to for the free listening?

Hey @Mj2222,

Thanks for the reply!

While using the mobile app or the Web Player on mobile, you'll get a similar experience. The songs from the album or playlist you're playing will be shuffled, and similar songs will be added to the queue. Because of Shuffle, there's no way of repeating a certain song on mobile.

As @Novy mentioned earlier in the thread, some specific playlists that are Made for You, such as Daily Mixes, can be played in the order you'd like. On desktop, even on the free version, you can pick and choose the songs that will play, and you'll still see ads as usual.

We hope this clears things up!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts