Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[WP8] Missing tracks from playlists on 8X

[WP8] Missing tracks from playlists on 8X

Since I haven't' seen any help regarding my problem, here's a new thread.

In short, there are tracks in most all of my playlists that simply don't show up on my 8X. At all. Can't be streamed, or synced, because they aren't there. All of them are available on the desktop app, but my phone is a different issue.

Useful info:

- USA

- HTC 8X on AT&T (PM23300)

- OS Version: 8.0.10211.204

- Firmware Revision number: 1532.20.20100.502

- Hardware Revision number: 0002

- Used both WIFI and LTE

Attached, are screenshots from my desktop and WP8 Spotify apps, for which you can see the discrepancy:

- The WP shot shows the number of tracks "in" each playlist.

- The second shot is a PDF of 3 screenshots of 3 playlists.

> My Starred playlist is the main problem. 923 tracks in it,  and only 774 show up on my phone.

> The Ijuswannachill playlist is missing a full 100 songs on my phone, from the desktop app

> The Work and Listen playlist isn't synced on my phone but is on my computer. Only 2 tracks don't show up on my phone. Obviously not much an issue, but I'm just demonstrating the problem. My other playlists aren't as important. 

I've tried (during the beta, and after the update):

- Logging in from my Spotify account

- Logging in from my Facebook account 

- Switching from Online and Offline

- Reinstalling

- Reading the forums 

- Scratching my head in confusion (which still hasn't worked :P)

So yea. If I can be more helpful, please let me know how.

Also: Im not sure if the desktop app just can't do this yet or what, but in the Devices section, my WP doesn't show up. Since the beta and now.

wp_ss_20130708_0001.png
9 Replies

Thanks for this. Let's try and removing the head scratching part, at least!

Is UPnP enabled on your router, or are you running any firewalls? And just to be sure, are any of the tracks that won't sync local files?

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

The odd thing is that at first glance, most of the unsynced files look like they are the local files on my computer, however there are still those tracks that sync on my WP. Even weirder, ALL of my tracks sync to my old Android device AND shows up in the Spotify desktop app

As for UPnP, I'm not terribly sure as we were restricted from accessing our router a few months into our least (I live in an apartment building). But when I do a Connection Test on my PS3, it tells me that UPnP is not available. An firewalls never seemed to be an issue, at least with my Android. My 8X can connect and use the internet just fine through WIFI. Always has.

Thanks for the assistance, hope this kind of helps.

WP8 doesn't synch local files, does it? 

@jwylot wrote:

WP8 doesn't synch local files, does it? 

Not that I am aware off!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Really? I wasn't aware of that....however like I said, some of my local files do still sync on my WP. BUT, does Spotify search for amatching track on in their system and replace mine, or something? I never could tell this.

@iamthought wrote:

Really? I wasn't aware of that....however like I said, some of my local files do still sync on my WP. BUT, does Spotify search for amatching track on in their system and replace mine, or something? I never could tell this.

Yes, any tracks which Spotify can match to ones in its catalogue will be playable on your playlists on WP, but any that it can't will be grayed out. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@iamthought wrote:

yes it does.

Thats the issue; there are no greyed out tracks in any of my WP playlists. They simply arent there at all. If they were there but greyed out, your statement would be my exact reasoning and Id know what was wrong. Them not being there at all just baffles me. Not saying that to be disagreeable (because you're right; on my Android, i have a few greyed out tracks, that are local files on my computer), just saying "greyed out" doesnt exist on my 8X playlists, oddly, even after the update.

Did not help with my starred list question about why I have no starred lists on my desktop webplayer??????

Suggested posts