Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

facebook account

facebook account

I deactivated my facebook yesterday.

This morning I opened Spotify app on my iPhone and it force closed.

I opened again and found myself at login screen, typed in login details and imediatley got an email from facebook "welcome back to facebook
"

It came because spotify caused facebook to reactivate

THIS IS unacceptable to me, I no longer want a facebook account in my name and I see no reason why SPOTIFY needs to reactivate that.

Please advise...

5 Replies

Did you use facebook to create your account?

If not, login to spotify desktop and unlink facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

After that you'll be able te deactivate facebook, and you'll need to use your spotify username/password to login.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

sadly, I did create my account using Facebook

If it's not much of a hassle for you, it would be better to create a new account with your email, so you can decide a username and password, instead of depending on fb.

If that's not the case, you can still use that one, but you need to figure out your Spotify username which will be a random number.

To do that, go to your profile within the desktop app and right click on your name. Click on 'Copy Spotify URI' and paste it somewhere.

You will get something like this:

spotify:user:1284529697

The number you get is your username, which you can use to login, and then unlink it from your soon to be deactivated fb.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @user-removed

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login. You will need to create a new Spotify account that uses a username, and include that username with the description of your problem when you are contacting support.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I do not accept these as viable solutions to my case as all the other accounts connected to my facebook do not re-activate my facebook account without my permission and I see it as a invasion of my private life. I will start using another product because it is less of a hastle and seems other streaming services have less privacy issues.

Suggested posts