Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

playlist curator application

playlist curator application

I applied to become a playlist curator yesterday. My main playlist have more than 9.000 follower and gain 10 new everyday. I wanted to see if I could change a minor mistake in the application.
The application page has a login. I didn't expect it to work, since it has probably not yet been reviewed.
The message I got was that the user had been removed.
Is that a standard answer when it is not active yet?
7 Replies

Hi there @Anne69A,

Welcome to the Community!

Since there's currently not an official way to apply for a playlist curator via Spotify, it'd be very helpful if you could give us some more info on this app that you've mentioned. If you could send us a link or some screenshots, that'd be great too ๐Ÿ™‚

You can upload them via the Insert Image option in the post editor.

Thanks and don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else in the meantime.

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your answer.
This is the application I used.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/playlist-curator-application/m-p/639864...

Is it a scam

I frequently get contacted by persistent artists who wants me to put them on my lists. It would be so much better I I could friendly pass them on to Spotify instead of writing back and forth.

Screenshot playlist.png

Hi @Anne69A,

Thanks for the reply.

The link there is for the thread itself, so could you please send us the application link again? From the looks of it though, this is definitely something outside of the Spotify ecosystem, so we cannot really vouch for its validity. We advise you to exercise caution when interacting with such services and especially when linking your account.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yes you are right. I did not notice it was a wrong link.
Here is the link to the application

https://app.playlistpush.com/apply/creator/spotify

Here is the link I followed

https://help.playlistpush.com/en/articles/2441273-how-do-i-become-a-curator

https://playlistpush.com/

I assumed that playlist push was a feature within Spotify. Especially because of the requirements about the list being actively listen to by a certain amount of the followers. An insight only Spotify could have.
I know that the paylist I submitted is played a lot because I see the impact it has on smaller artists monthly listeners when I move their songs up or down.
Are there any other ways to become a playlist curator for Spotify?
It would be so great to make official Spotify playlists containing the music I know most about.
I have a couple of playlists based on my great knowledge of both new and old music in New Orleans Jazz.
My playlists on that field have less than 500 followers, mainly because people hear the oldest playlists on Spotify. Lists that are not at all up to date. Lists only or mainly based on the music that was available on Spotify years ago!
People never get the real stuff, because they believe that the lists that has gained followers over a long period must contain the most relevant and best.
Some of the most influencing old music and some of todays greatest artists on the scene hardly have any listeners simply because of the old lists and copies of those lists. As a result wrong songs are picked up by algorithms. Songs that were just minor hits or even songs with no relation to New Orleans.

I would love to make official lists that contains the fresh music that represents the local scene and lists that contains the actual songs and hits that the great old musicians played. The real music that is the actual base of the music today.

Thanks for the response @Anne69A.

Becoming a playlist curator would actually be on Spotify jobs and if you'd like you can check out more info here.

We took a look at the link that you sent and it seems that this is a third party website using Spotify's API, but it's not directly supported by us. With this said, we can't guarantee it's legit or assist you further.

Hope this helps clear things up and we're here if you've got other questions.

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thank you

Suggested posts