Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

shared recently played song data across devices/platforms.

Solved!

shared recently played song data across devices/platforms.

It does not appear to be possible to view recently played songs on your mobile device on desktop. This is useful if you want to retrieve the music played over a period of time. For example, i just went camping and chose music most of the weekend. People are asking me for a playlist, but there's no easy way to do that. On mobile, i would need to click on each song one by one. On desktop, there is nothing in my recently played history. See screenshot.

I would love for the recently played song data to be available cross-platform and cross-device.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @dcro,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here

That being said, we'd like to add some insights. We couldn't visualize the screenshot you kindly sent us (it seems the file was not uploaded). Nevertheless, keep in mind the recently played history on the mobile app version now reflects your listening history across all devices.

Now, it's important to mention you'll see your listening history across all devices only in the mobile app version. This doesn't apply to other types of devices, e. g., the desktop app. It's expected not to see your recently played songs on your computer if you were listening on a different device. As a workaround, you can use the Connect feature to sync your devices and the listening history as well. You can read more about it on this idea, and subscribe there to get notified as soon as we have any news to share on this matter.

We located this idea, suggested by another user who thinks it'd be useful to create playlists from what you see queued. You can add your vote and subscribe to give your support to it.

We think your suggestion of creating a playlist from your listening history is great, so we invite you to post it on our ideas board. Take into account, you must follow the guidelines for submitting ideas, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly. Don't forget to search for existing ideas first.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @dcro,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here

That being said, we'd like to add some insights. We couldn't visualize the screenshot you kindly sent us (it seems the file was not uploaded). Nevertheless, keep in mind the recently played history on the mobile app version now reflects your listening history across all devices.

Now, it's important to mention you'll see your listening history across all devices only in the mobile app version. This doesn't apply to other types of devices, e. g., the desktop app. It's expected not to see your recently played songs on your computer if you were listening on a different device. As a workaround, you can use the Connect feature to sync your devices and the listening history as well. You can read more about it on this idea, and subscribe there to get notified as soon as we have any news to share on this matter.

We located this idea, suggested by another user who thinks it'd be useful to create playlists from what you see queued. You can add your vote and subscribe to give your support to it.

We think your suggestion of creating a playlist from your listening history is great, so we invite you to post it on our ideas board. Take into account, you must follow the guidelines for submitting ideas, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly. Don't forget to search for existing ideas first.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same account on my phone and my computer. But for some reason the history of playback which is on the phone is not pulled up on the computer. and vice versa, the history of playback from the computer is not pulled up on the phone. It's stupid and it must be some kind of mistake. After all, I use the same account, how come you can not synchronize the history? For example, I drove the car all day and listened to tracks. and in the evening came home and want to see my history on the computer and add something to my favorites.
Why don't I have a common listening history in one account on different devices?

The "solution" provided is not a solution at all, more of a 1990's linux style workaround involving using your phone to access your recently played. This solution is worthless

Hi, I came here as I am experiencing the same issue. Same account, all devices on the same network. I can hand over any music from one device to another. But the recently played list on the Spotify for Windows is completely separate from my recently played list on mobile (Spotify Android). It seems as if there is no synchronisation of this list between the clients?! I hear some songs that came to mind on mobile. Than later on desktop I want to relisten, but they are not shown in the recently played list there. Real pain.

Suggested posts