Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My son can't log into his account on our family plan

My son can't log into his account on our family plan

He just gets the error "Something went wrong" with no additional information which is useless. Please help us figure this out, because I'm paying extra for this family plan.
3 Replies

Some additional info:  He is logging in with his Google account, and this worked successfully last week.

Hey @fmusr 

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create a new account (if he hasn't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since he'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let him do that.

He will now have a Free account, so the next step is for him to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invite to the email he used to create his account.

Send by yourself the link generated through INVITE WITH LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let him accept the invite logged in with his own username in the app and in the website. He should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi- 

Unfortunately none of that is helpful.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, he already had an account that was working a few days ago and now is not.

Suggested posts