Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

FORCEFULLY Remove Podcast from "Your Shows"

Plan

Premium

OS

Android / PC

My Question or Issue

Hi. I would like to remove a recommended podcast from the "My Shows" category on my spotify home-screen. I watched 3 episodes of a personal podcast (dating advice podcast) and it keeps appearing on my home-screen. You may understand, this is embarrassing, especially when I am on dates and my date wants to use my spotify account.

I understand there is currently no built-in way of doing this, so I would like to know alternative approaches, because I do not want a particular show to pop-up on my home screen.

I have tried:
* Unfollowing the show

* Marking the 3 episodes as unwatched

* Following and watching MANY other podcasts (30+ episodes - in attempt to push the other podcast out)

None of the above has solved the issue - the podcast still appears.

So - now we have to take drastic measures. I would like to know how I can delete my account entirely and start from the beginning, to remove all history from my account. Since spotify refuses to implement this feature (first requested in 2019), I'll have to unsubscribe from my payment subscription, delete my account and create a brand new account. Please let me know how I can achieve this process. Thanks!

I would like to use the same email address if possible - please let me know if this is possible. If not, I'll have to create a new email address.

Who Me Too'd this topic