Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

General Jam Issues

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

My Question or Issue

I have been newly frequently using the jam feature at work with some colleagues and have been experiencing some consistent issues. To put a list of some of them, I will start by prefacing that these issues will stop and start at a pretty random basis minus pretty consistent song skipping randomly 2 seconds ahead or behind. To get it out of the way I have redownloaded the app, restarted my phone, done a hard reset on the app based on their suggestions for issues with spotify, tried this on multiple devices, and spoken to other individuals who I have started to use jam with on a multitude of devices to make sure it was not isolated and they all are having the same issues:

1. The song will periodically start and play for 2 seconds, then cut and restart but by the time the song is ending it is almost like Spotify is trying to "catch up" and will end the song at the "appropriate time" but to the user it sounds like it cuts early.

2. Whenever a song is added to the queue the music cuts and glitches for everyone in the jam, and occasionally the song will not even add itself or will add itself randomly a long period of time later.

3. The glitch and cutting of songs for every user also occurs, but more significantly, when a song is moved in the queue.

4. Occasionally if you add a song to the queue, move a song in the queue, or really interact with any real song related to anything while in a jam the song will restart over and over and over again every time you do this but the same behavior will occur where Spotify seems to attempt to "catch up" and will cut the song after the time passes where the song was "supposed" to end. This will switch from happening to one user where they will be significantly off from the rest of the listeners and just hearing the song keeps restarting every time an action is done or will occasionally affect all jam participants.

I have reached out previously to support and got Spotify to stop these issues for about an hour after doing a hard uninstall of Spotify but after this I found that others were experiencing this and the issues resumed so I thought I would make a post in case this was useful for others.

Thank you!

Who Me Too'd this topic