Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Credit card Expired and my account is wiped clean and all my playlists are gone!

Credit card Expired and my account is wiped clean and all my playlists are gone!

Plan

Premium

Country

Originally United States and now in United Arab Emirates

Device

(iPhone 15 and Macbook from 2021

Operating System

(iOS 

My Question or Issue

I am distraught! My credit card expired and I was traveling so didn't immediately update. All of a sudden, I opened Spotify and it was blank and asked me to log-in. I logged in using my Apple password (thinking that was correct) and found myself with a blank account and being asked to select artists I liked. I selected a few quickly assuming you would then lead me back to my playlists and my account but NO-- it opened a new account. How did this happen?

I have literally 50 playlists that I follow or have developed. PLEASE help me get these playlists back! 

My name is Liberty Jones and I have 53 followers and I'm following 73 people.  I know my account still exists because I can follow playlists I created. How do I merge my accounts?  Please help 

1 Reply

Hi Liberty Jones,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your account—it's understandable how frustrating this must be, especially with all those carefully curated playlists. It sounds like when you logged in using your Apple credentials, a new Spotify account was created instead of accessing your original one.

Here’s what you can do to recover your old account and playlists:

1. Try logging in with different credentials: It’s possible that your original account was linked to a different email address or login method. If you remember the email, username, or even a connected Facebook account, try logging in with those details.

2. Contact Spotify Support: Since you mentioned that you can still find and follow your playlists, your original account should still be active. To regain access, I recommend contacting Spotify Support directly. You can reach them through this link without needing to log in to the lost account.

If you need any further assistance, I'm here to help.

Best of luck in getting your playlists back!

XimzendRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts