Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

48 Hour Trial

Solved!

48 Hour Trial

Just downloaded the Spotify app for Android. I created a free account and logged in expecting a 48 hr trial, but the app will not stream anything and simply staes that a premium account is required to stream music etc. 

I also have a Samsung smart TV  which has the Spotify app. This also promises 48 hrs free to trial the service, but logging in with my free account and same result: "Premium account is required".

Any ideas what is going on? My free account is not even an hour old.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's a brand new account, not linked to Facebook. Now all resolved though - about 10 minutes ago I got an e-mail welcoming me to the free trial and it has been working ever since!

I can only assume there is some delay with updating Spotifys servers or sum such.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the trouble to reply,

Cheers,

Cliff

View solution in original post

5 Replies

That is definitely weird. Is this a new Spotify username account or did you register using Facebook? 

You can also get a 30 day free trial: https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

It's a brand new account, not linked to Facebook. Now all resolved though - about 10 minutes ago I got an e-mail welcoming me to the free trial and it has been working ever since!

I can only assume there is some delay with updating Spotifys servers or sum such.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the trouble to reply,

Cheers,

Cliff

I can't get the free trial is it each time I log in cause if that's the case then it's not working I don't even get an email

@Ancientninja1 wrote:
I can't get the free trial is it each time I log in cause if that's the case then it's not working I don't even get an email

if you've already had a free trial (could be years ago) you can only get it once. Is this the first time you've registered? Did you follow a link to register online  or did you do it direct from within the app?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Where do you get the free 48 hour trial

Suggested posts