Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android - Add Playlist to Home Screen, feature has gone missing?

Solved!

Android - Add Playlist to Home Screen, feature has gone missing?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Moto G31

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I can no longer add a playlist to the home screen. However, existing links on my home screen still work. When I click on the "three dots" option on a playlist the "add to home screen" option is no longer available; however, this does seem to be available for individual albums.

98 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We've checked with the relevant team here at Spotify and they've confirmed that this feature has been deprecated. If you feel strongly about bringing it back, make sure to vote for this idea and subscribe to the thread to receive notifications about any new developments on the subject.

Cheers!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

very useful tip!

Many thanks 👍👍👍

Same problem here. Just spotted it.

Device model + OS version : Samsung Galaxy A41, on Android 12
Spotify app version : 8.7.82.94

Me too!

Mate 20 Pro with Android 12

App version 8.7.82.94

Same behaviour after reinstalling and on a second device as well 😒

+1

Doogee s88Pro

Android 10

Spotify: 8.7.82.94

Cya

That worked, thank you!

Same

Anteriormente entrando en los botones de la pley list exita una opción que era algo así como ...ver en pantalla principal ..ahora no veo esa opción

You are a champion! This solve worked for me. So strange that it disappeared from the app itself if we can still do it this way, I was about to add to this thread my model and OS to join the forum of those with issues, but you saved me the comment. Thanks mate!

@Yordan (staff) was marking the rather quirky workaround as a solution.

Will this become the reasoning why this feature won't be put back in place?

Dear @Spotify team this is a workaround not a solution, please fix this on the next update of the app. Thank you, both @Spotify team and @Chrishan29.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

This used to be a feature that I'd use all the time - super useful to add shortcuts to individual playlists to my home screen. With the latest update I can no longer seem to do this and have lost the feature - it just isn't an option in the playlist settings anymore. Anyone know why?

Man, you are AWESOME! Thanks for that workaround!

That guys from spotify throw out useful stuff often and then implement annoying stuff like canvas is kinda frustrating.
Thanks again you made my day 😄

We shouldn't have to do all that, because it shouldn't have been removed; It just needs to be put back, but I'll try that. Thanks 

Follow me

Thank you so much!! 

Update: I accidentally found out that I can still get to the option to add a playlist to my home screen, by long-pressing the playlist, when outside of it.

Follow me

I'm so sorry how do I actually do this I've got a Samsung and I've tried "slow pressing" but nothing pops up and I can't drag the albums? 

Hello friend, unfortunately for this date November 28, 2022 this trick can no longer be done, a couple of weeks ago it could be done.

EfrainIvan wrote: unfortunately for this date November 28, 2022 this trick can no longer be done

Of course this is not possible anymore, because we've been pointing out a workaround to acually use a function that the product owner wants to have removed, so the development team did after they learned about the workaround.

This is SAD!

It seems that Spotify discovered that trick and it has already been neutralized, that trick has already been eliminated. It seems that Spotify did it maliciously, but why? Why did Spotify remove that feature from us?

Suggested posts