Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android Version Problems

Android Version Problems

I have two annoying problems with Spotify for Android:

• I pause music and after a couple of minutes, the widget in my lock screen disappears. I have to unlock the phone and go to my notification area to unpause music.
  • I pause music and after more minutes, Spotify closes completely. When I open it, it doesn't show the last song being played. So I have to navigate until find it.

I can't believe that Spotify doesn't achieve this basic features.

I have a Motorola Moto G (XT1063) with Android 4.4.4

Hope someone can help!

5 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I did exactly as told: Uninstalled Spotify, deleted folders, restarted phone and reinstalled Spotify.

But both problems I commented still persists. Now with the new version of Spotify (2.8.0.1081). Both problems occurs when I'm in offline mode (out of home). When I'm home, I use it mostly from my computer, and control it with the phone, that works ok.

I think I know what the problem is: Internet connection.

When I start Spotify without an internet connection, it looses what I was listening before!

It shouldn't be like that.

as a workaround you can download albums/playlist and put spotify in offline mode in spotify settings - then internet connection shouldn't be needed to 'remember' what you were listening before.

I did it, but the problem persists. After a complete workday, when I open
again Spotify (being in offline mode), it doesn't remember my last song.

Suggested posts