Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android app no song displays as playing, but it is playing.

Android app no song displays as playing, but it is playing.

Hello! This has been an issue for over a year - Music plays from the app, but no song is displayed as playing. This causes multiple issues, because I can not skip nor pause a song. In addition, the music won't stop if I disconnect from bluetooth. I am running a Galaxy A51 with Android 11, and it is connected to my Galaxy Watch Active2.

Music will also pause completely randomly without being able to just hit play on my earbuds, requiring me to open the app and play a song to continue listening. 

Also, I have tried re-installing the app, logging in and out, restarting my phone...

5 Replies

I have the same problem. It's very annoying. It's making me consider trying something else than spotify because I simply can't pause a song. How is this even a problem?

I have 5his problem as of the latest Android update for Spotify.  The songs play, but it won't display the currently playing song.  So, I can't pause or skip to next track.  Even restarting Spotify sometimes doesn't fix it.  Then, sometimes the current song will just randomly reappear.  

Version: 8.7.20.1261

Samsung Galaxy S20FE

I've got this issue too, since Sunday. I think I may have done an android update recently too.

Hey @SpicyJungle @janey_fi @Laertus @noprofileplease 

This issue is being looked into. You can stay up to date on info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Now-Playing-bar-missing-on-Android/idi-p/5364978

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Latest update:

A new update to the Spotify Android app should be coming out soon to fix this issue. Make sure you have auto updates on, if not you can go to the app store and manually update when it shows up.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Now-Playing-bar-missing-on-Android/idc-p/5367397/hig...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts