Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android playlist download stuck on 0% and can't play songs

Android playlist download stuck on 0% and can't play songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Sony Smartphone

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi, this morning i tried listening to my playlist which i had downloaded on my phone as I am a Premium client. It started downloading again for some reason as it sometimes does but this time i couldn't play songs. When I select a song it shows it as it's playing but it's stuck on 0:00. I tried turning my phone on and off, deleting cache, manually deleting data on my SD card and internal storage, checking on my W10 desktop app (it works there btw). I also tried deleting updates and reinstalling them (I can't delete and reinstall the whole app because it's listed as a system one on my device) but nothing worked. I also checked that my SD card had enough space but it has almost 24 GB free, and anyways the songs where stored there without problems before it happened. After this issue I can't use Spotify on mobile, the download is stuck and the songs remain too, even if i toggle the download option to off. Please help I love your app it's such an important part of my day and I mostly use it on my phone as I don't have my PC with me most of the time.

1 Reply

Hi @Formajagger

Welcome to the Community, thanks for reaching out about this and letting us know what you've tried. 

Just to clarify, can you not play anything on your mobile or is it just the playlist you had downloaded? 

We can see that you've tried some good troubleshooting already, but would you mind checking off the steps listed in this support article under Not downloading and Downloads won't play? We'd also recommend removing your SD card to see if it's an issue with the card.

If everything checks out but your songs still won't play, it'd be great if you could let us know the Spotify version you're on, as well as the exact make and model of your phone plus OS version. Any additional details or screenshots you could provide would be really helpful too.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts