Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android: "The track is not available"

Android: "The track is not available"

Hi,

I keep getting the message "The track is not available" on my android phone (and sonos system), even if I have a premium account. The service status in Spotify is OK, and it's working well on my PC desktop.  All devices were working OK until I renewed my account.....Any idea?

38 Replies

Try logging out and back in twice to see it that forces it to check your account level
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'm having this same problem on an Asus Transformer and this solution did not work. Sorry.

Double and triple check you still have a Premium subscription and your last payment has not been declined for some reason
----------------

so I'm experiencing the same thing. I do not have a premium account. I've downloaded this per a suggestion of a friend who advised you have the same access to songs there's just commercials/ads etc. I'm not even getting that...All tracks are greyed out and when I click on them I get the "This track is not available" error.

please advise -

great idea and app but suprisingly not as intuitive a setup as I would have imagined this to be.

I bought a premium subscription today. If this problem doesn't somehow work out by Sunday, I'm unsubscribing. 😞

PWNuTheJackal - It seems that you signed up for an Unlimited subscription. In order to use Spotify on your phone, you will need Premium on your account. You can upgrade on the Subscription page of your account. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Oh wow, thank you. I love the way you guys let me convert my time to premium. Instead of screwing me out of money. I'm very happy

@coffeehousemm - your friend was incorrect - you need a premium subscription to use spotify on Android. And yes I agree it should definitely tell you this rather than just showing every track as unavailable
----------------

Hi! I've just got a new mobilephone, Galaxy S3, and the Spotify is downloaded and I can see my account, but the tracks are grey and it says "not available". I do not have premium, I go in via Facebook. This worked without any problem on my previous Andriod; an HTC Legend. But now; not! How come? Do I need to uninstall spotify on my old HTC, maybe too many devices or? It is working perfectly from my laptop.

You need Premium to use Spotify on a mobile phone. If it was working before then maybe you were in the free trial period
----------------

I have the 30 day Spotify premium trial and I am trying to listen to my songs on my Android HTC Wildfire phone whilst being in offline mode. I keep getting "track not avaliable" when I try and listen to a song.

I have reset my password on Facebook (as Spotify said)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application

I went into settings and cleared the application's cache

Please can you help!?

Hi Ashbridge,

to listen in Offline mode you first need to sync some music while in Online mode so the data is available to the app without connecting to the servers - have you done that? Are you able to listen while in Online mode?
----------------

I can listen in online mode. I haven't synched anything, how do I do that? Is there a tutorial about?

I have found out how to do this myself!

Thanks dude.

Hi, I have Spotify premium running on an Android HTC One X and am getting "The track is not available" when I try to play many of the tracks in my iTunes library. How do I play tracks from my iTunes library through Spotify when I'm online?

i dont know if this will help you, but ive got a droid and was about to throw it out the window because i just paid for this and it kept saying 0% downloading...LIKE FOR DAYS!!! i went to the settings and theres a "download over 2G/3G" setting. the recommended setting is "off" i put it to on...and now everything is downloading rapidly. i hope this helps 🙂

I am having the same problem too.

I have some local files on my PC that I am trying to sync to my Android device (Verizon Galaxy Nexus). I made a playlist that contains those local files and I am able to play them file on my PC just fine. They do even show up on that same playlist that syncs to my phone, but they are greyed out and when selected a toast message pops up saying "Track is not available". I do have a premium membership and I have tried closing out / restarting / re-logging in both programs on both my PC and my Android many times but it still does not work. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?!

Thanks!

-Barry

Thanks for the suggestion Smith241, but still no dice. I think the problem stems from the fact that if Spotify doesn't have the rights to the music in your iTunes library, those tracks won't play on Spotify -- even though you own the tracks yourself. This has me reconsidering paying for the Spotify premium service. I am now looking at Dropbox and Amazon Cloud accounts to store my music online. If anybody else has recommendations for better cloud music storage, please let me know. I'm in the market. Thanks.

Hey you guys

just read all your answers to the other questions, and none of them explains my problem

I have premium, and i have synched some playlists, and i have listened to them several times, but now it says that the track is not available, and that I need to renew my offline license? the problem is, how do i go online on my HTC wildfire S? I can only find the switch button for offline mode, but not online. I am on 3G and WiFi? shouldn't it register online by itself?

please help me, i am dying without my workout music 😄

Suggested posts