Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App crashes immediately after opening up

App crashes immediately after opening up

Is there anyway I can fix this? I tried restarting my phone, and deleting and reinstalling.  It was working fine this morning 

Plan

Premium 

Country

Device

Samsung s9 plus

Operating System

Android

3 Replies

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, uninstalled, reinstalled, done the longer uninstall-shut down-start-reinstall sequence. I'm using a OnePlus 6T (A6013)running Android 10, OxygenOS version 10.3.0, build ONEPLUS A6013_41_191214, Spotify version 8.5.40.195 updated on Jan8, 2020. I think it worked a little after that, though I'm not sure. It's been a few days since I've been able to use Spotify.

I should add that I've also followed the parts of the Spotify "clean installation" instructions that are pertinent found here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p... (these instructions for 6.0-onward start with a link to within Spotify to remove devices which no longer exists, 404 error...), and my account would seem to be fine as I can use the desktop version (having done this alternative check for step 7 in the Spotify "[Android] Troubleshooting Spotify" topic found here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082

My apologies for cluttering up this thread. A third attempt of the clean uninstall/reinstall seems to have fixed it for me. I may have failed to do the clear data and clear cache *immediately* before uninstallation on prior attempts, leaving cruft there on the subsequent uninstallation. If a moderator wants to remove my posts from this thread, that might not be bad...

Suggested posts