Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App keeps stopping

App keeps stopping

Since I've joined Spotify, we have experienced nothing but trouble with the app, playing either on our TV or via Bluetooth connection. The most recent has been the song just stopping playing and going back to the beginning. 

I have tried all of the recommended fixes: clearing my cache/cookies, uninstall and reinstall the app, it's only playing on one device. Samsung A42 5G Android. Nothing I've tried works, and this morning I get notification the subscription has increased in price. No way to contact any technical support. Fine business they're running. 

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

Device

Samsung A42 5G 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

What am I paying for if the app continues to crash, on our TV, it keeps removing my wife's account and we have to go through the entire registration/login process about once or twice a week. Getting more disappointed by the day.

3 Replies

Hey @dwill82760,

Thank you for posting this thread in the Community and let's tackle the issues that you're experiencing with your wife one by one. 

First, we'd like to gather some details to get a beter understanding of the situation. Does the playback stop on the Spotify app on the TV, only if you're streaming via Bluetooth (from your phone) or in both situations? Do you experience the same issue if you're playing music directly on the phone?

I recommend a clean reinstall which is more detailed than the usual one and you can follow the steps mentioned here if you've not already done so. Additionally, make sure there are no pending OS updates for your phone and TV.

When it comes to your wife's account, it's odd that the TV keeps removing it (logging her out I suppose). Are you by any chance using a VPN on some of your devices? This can cause performance issues and confusion with the system and is a possible reason that your wife gets logged out and we need to investigate. 

Appreciate the cooperation and hope to hear from you soon 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello again!

We have had Premium Duo since we signed up. For whatever reason, my wife's account keeps disappearing and she can't l9g on. Both with the TV and on her phone. When I pull up the Account Manager, she's listed, but we're having a **bleep** of a time restoring her access on both devices. No VPN, we both use Android phones for private listening. 

Hey @dwill82760,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

If the account keeps logging out on all devices, you can suggest to your wife to protect her account by following the steps mentioned in this thread. If the issue persists, as this could be account-related and we don't have access to users' accounts in the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support directly so they can check the account and help you further. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts