Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App loose last played song and playlist when it should start playing

App loose last played song and playlist when it should start playing

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Sony Xperia 10V

Operating System

Android 14

My Issue

Very often (like every 2nd/3rd) use of Spotify in a car (over bluetooth), the app loads (after get in the car), it shows shortly correctly actual playing song (where I stopped last time at listening) and after that the actual playing bar disappears and Spotify forgets, what it even played (even which playlist). There is no sound output, but the car radio show correctly information about the song (name, album, artist) where it should play. Clicking on play on radio doesn't make anything. Spotify simply do like nothing was ever played and there is nothing to continue.
I have to open the app and choose a new playlist/song to play, which is extremely annoying and when listening some generated playlist it's even impossible to continue!

I also wanted to post some logs or something, but the app doesn't have anything like this...

One time I even saw a message in Spotify, that internet connection isn't available before this "crash". Even that I had full signal with data enabled whole time and internet was working correctly. Also there is still no reason to lose where I stopped to listen last time.

Last week Spotify even stopped to play out of the blue in the middle of a song, when I listened at work.

15 Replies

Hey there @Benik3,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, you can try the following to see if you notice any difference:

• A clean reinstall of the app. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure some damaged cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here.
  • If possible, connect your device to your car stereo via AUX or USB cable.

If this persists after trying those, we'd like to gather further info. Please send us the following:

• The exact Spotify version you're running on your device.
  • More info about your car stereo, so we can better understand your set-up.
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello.

Sorry for long response.

I think that it's connected mainly with Bluetooth play.
I didn't noticed this bug with Android Auto.

Anyway I had a Nissan Leaf, it happened there very often. Now I have VW e-golf 2018 and it happened today too (I have it very shortly and I used Spotify like 10 times in this car).
What's the most weird thing is, that when I open the spotify manually, I can see the last song in the bar on the bottom. When I click fast enough, it open the playlist and in most cases Spotify continues to play.
But few times (counting today) happen that I opened the playlist, and even that the playlist opened, the last played song lost after second. So I was in the playlist but I had to start the music manually by selecting some song.

I also noticed, that Spotify show the "no internet connection" very often after opening app, even that internet works fine. I don't know if it can be related to it.

Now I'm on version 8.9.44.368 (updated few days ago) and it happen also on this newer version.

Today again.
After getting into the car, the Spotify didn't start to play automatically. So I opened the app manually on the phone. After opening the spotify showed again the message "no connection to internet" and I saw last played song down in the bar. In a moment the bar disappeared...
What's the most weird is, that radio in the car was able to see the last played song. But control doesn't work (play/pause, next...). Also it doesn't show play time of the song:

Benik3_1-1717748512962.png

After playing a new song manualy:

Benik3_2-1717748550348.png

You can see that there is now the play time. But on the other hand for some reason Spotify didn't send cover image...

I'm now on Spotify version 8.9.44.426

Hey @Benik3,

We appreciate the detailed info!

To me it looks like there's an issue with either the network or the Bluetooth connection. 
I wonder if you're starting the vehicle in a place without optimal signal coverage, e.g. underground/ in a garage (although this shouldn't really affect anything Bluetooth-related).

We've passed down the info for this backstage but it does seem quite isolated, so we can't really provide a timeframe in which a solution might get implemented. We do advise keeping your app up to date in the meantime and, as you've mentioned - if the issue does not show up when you're using Android Auto, using that may be a good workaround for the time being.

Let us know in case there's anything new on the subject and we'll do the same 🙂
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello.

No I don't park anywhere like underground parking place.
The signal and internet connection is absolutely fine, I e.g. set google map navigation before launching Spotify without any problem, but Spotify still shows "no internet" for a moment. Also I don't see a reason to lost last played track when there is no internet connection.

I think that the problem is also connected with "killing" app from a memory by Android (even that I have battery optimization turned off).

I didn't find any problem with BT itself. Connection of the BT to the radio is always stable without any problems. I also have smart watch connected and BT is stable with them.

Unfortunately I have Android Auto only in the second car (this maybe have AA using cable, but still connecting/disconnecting the phone is super annoying).

As I mentioned in the first post, as SW developer I'm very surprised, that I didn't find any way to make some logs from the app to send it to you. This could really help to find the problem...

Hello.

Today I had a new behavior.

After opening Spotify and opening last played song, it didn't start to play the song, but instead of "crashing" the playlist, it switched the playlist and continued to play a song which I listened yesterday evening on PC. I didn't have spotify on phone opened while I listened on PC.

Maybe this can be some clue. Maybe the playlist crash on phone due to some old/badly synced session from PC, when phone app is opened...

New behavior this morning.
The playlist crashed (as usual...), but I didn't selected a new one.
After I leaved the car and went back (cca 15min shopping), Spotify suddenly started to play automatically, but it again jumped to another playlist, which I listened 2 days ago on PC, but it started to play somewhere in the middle of the playlist, event that I already finished this playlist on PC.

So I'm starting to think that it has something to do with playlist synchronization between devices.
But I use Spotify on PC very occasionally.

Ok, new issue. Today I listened on PC using Spotify App (from windows store).
I paused the Spotify and put the PC to sleep.
After waking the PC, the last played song is lost even in the PC app!
I didn't listened or even opened Spotify elsewhere (like mobile).

I'm starting to be sick from this. It looks like it's time to move to YouToube Music, because I don't see a reason, why should I pay for music player, which is not able to do correctly even the main thing, and that's playing music!

Benik3_0-1722184619988.png

Today again playlist lost in the car, 2 days ago again, 2 days before it again.
But it looks like no one is reading this...

Yesterday and today again

Today again

Today again

This week it surprisingly worked pretty well, until yesterday evening, when it happen again..

Yesterday I used Spotify on PC after long time. At evening I turned PC off, today I turned it on and started Spotify. The app again lost the playlist from yesterday. Spotify wasn't used or even opened anywhere meanwhile.

Good old days when I pirated music, it was much better then paying for such not working service...

Today again (after 2h of correct playing, when I get in the car again).
BTW yesterday I wanted to listen again on PC. I opened the app, the playlist was lost (not even surprised) so I opened Spotify on the phone (where luckily the playlist was saved), but when I started to play it, it for some reason skipped like 7 songs back (which I already heard in car).

There is evidently something wrong with playlist...

Suggested posts