Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App not responding

App not responding

Not happy this is the second time this month that Spotify just refuses to open on my phone. I'm not the only person having this problem right now. It's aggravating because I do pay for premium. I need my music!!! Please help.

Country

Usa

Device

Motoz2 force

1 Reply

I have been having issues with the app not responding as well on my Galaxy S8. It will sort of freeze but still keep playing, for example on my lock screen it will show what was previously playing & just stay there. Then when I pause I can't resume the music/podcast. When I open the app sometimes I can fix it by selecting another song or pausing & resuming the song, but it takes about 30 seconds to a minute for it to actually start playing again.

Last night, for the second time it got to the point that there was a black screen when I opened the app & I couldn't do a thing. I forced stop the app & restarted my phone but the app still showed a black screen. So in the end (like the first time) I had to uninstall the app completely. Which isn't a big deal, but is kind of irritating because it erases all my podcast progess so I have to remember what episode I was on & where I was at & redownload my offline playlists.

I've only had these issues since I switched to my S8 6 months ago & once I reinstall the app it's good for about a month before it starts acting up again. 

Really would love to figure out why this is happening. 

Suggested posts