Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App won't connect to internet and half works

Solved!

App won't connect to internet and half works

My Android Spotify App keeps insisting there is no internet connection, but yet allows me to play some music. When this problem began I could not use the app at all, all that came up was an "Ooops, something went wrong. Try again" message or "You are offline" even when i was connected to the internet and all my other apps worked. This message still shows up when i try to access the Search, Home, Browse and Radio options in the sidebar menu. It also does not allow me to view my profile other than my username, insisting that I have had no recent activity. I can sporadically access the "Your Library" function now and it gives me access to my playlists and albums/artists i have recently played. On some playlists it will only play the first 9-12 seconds of the songs before going completely silent.

Obviously, this is extremely annoying as only some of my music can be played and i can't access anything i haven't already heard. Please help me!

Specifications

• Android Free App Version 6.1.0.1088
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
  • Android Version 4.4.2 KitKat

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi thanks for replying but I solved the issue myself. It was none of the problems listed in that guide it was to do with the connectivity of the actual phone. I did try to find a similar problem in the forums but frankly they're hard to navigate and uncategorised and unless you know the keyword in the title of a problem (highly unlikely) it's impossible to find that guide or any previously solved problems by searching.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders, removing offline devices and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

Hi thanks for replying but I solved the issue myself. It was none of the problems listed in that guide it was to do with the connectivity of the actual phone. I did try to find a similar problem in the forums but frankly they're hard to navigate and uncategorised and unless you know the keyword in the title of a problem (highly unlikely) it's impossible to find that guide or any previously solved problems by searching.

Suggested posts