Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist page

Artist page

On my android, using a nexus 5 with android 8.1.0 with the latest Spotify version, the artist page seems to be broken... When I'm on a song I click view artist, and then a site comes up telling me that I'm offline, what I'm not. I'm connected to a network and didn't set Spotify to offline.

Also when I'm on a Album and click on the artist the same page comes up, also when I search for an artist this

site comes up...

I hope you can help me!

7 Replies

Are you running a custom rom? If so, you'll probably need to get support from the rom developer but, if it includes an ad blocker, try disabling it first.

Yes, indeed I'm running a custom ROM... There's no ad blocker included... But why should a custom ROM cause such a problem? The view album button works as intended, also when searching for an album it's working just fine... Also for songs... Only the artist is broken... 😬

Custom ROMS are rarely bug-free and can cause odd issues with apps. Spotify will only support official ROMS which is why I suggested seeking support from the developer. Alternatively, install the manufacturers official ROM and see if that works any better.

Well, interesting... It didn't work for a few months already... And now, just after submitting the post, it now works again as it should!

I don't know if it has something to do with it or you, but thanks anyways!

I didn't do anything to my ROM or Spotify, now it works again 🙂

Okay, too funny... Today it stopped working again... 😕

I may have the same issue. Two questions:

1-can you display the home page or does it give you an error message?

2-if you search for the artist and then tap on the result to open his page, does it work?

In case you get an error in both these situations we have the same problem, so I invite you to click "me too" under my question (as I did for yours), so maybe someone notice them...

This bug seems kinda random... I just tested and today home page is working, but also the artist page is working again now!

Suggested posts