Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist tab on mobile

Artist tab on mobile

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

As a note, I download all the songs and albums I want to listen to so I can shuffle my songs library and listen to the songs I wanna hear. Recently my layout changed for my spotify mobile, and now it only has the Playlists, Artists, and Albums tabs. The Songs tab no longer exists so to shuffle all my songs I have to shuffle the Liked Songs playlist (didn't put them all there by the way, just all showed up there), and the Artists tab is blank (it will only show artists I follow) so I can't shuffle the albums I have downloaded by a single artist, only individual albums or every song by the artist. Can I change the Artists tab to show all my downloaded artists, so I can shuffle multiple albums by one artist at once?

Screenshot_20190312-161407_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20190312-161416_Spotify.jpg
8 Replies

Hey @ezraweinstein, help's arrived.

It's true that there's been some changes to the Library view, and with that, only saved albums appear in the Albums section, and only followed artists will appear in the artists tab. This is currently part of the new layout. 

The Liked Songs playlist's content should reflect your saved songs, so you can still shuffle play from there. If you want to Shuffle play or play certain albums, you can always go to the Album, press the 3 dots, and choose 'Add to queue'. The queue will contain all albums and songs you added to the queue so you can play them however you want. 

Hope that was helpful 🙂

So @Jemi, if I want to shuffle those albums and play it on a loop, as in when all of the songs are done playing they replay, like it does when you shuffle a single album or playlist, I have to add the albums to the queue again. I also cannot get the albums I've added to the queue to actually shuffle into what was already in the queue, as in when I turn off shuffle and turn it back on, the entirety of the album I have added to the queue just moves to the top instead of shuffling in. It seems like I need to create a new playlist for the artist so I can just shuffle their albums I wish to hear on replay, no?

Yeah, I'm not crazy about this change either. Now I have to actually be following the artist to find any saved songs or albums by them. Even then, when I click on the artist it still takes me to the artist page rather than my saved songs by the artist. Especially when I only like a handful of songs by an artist and I don't want to have to listen to their entire album,  I have to scroll through all of the Liked Songs and find each song one by one. I really preferred the old version. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your questions about Your Library.

Just to follow up on what @Jemi said, there's a Spotify Answer which explains some of the changes to Your Library - make sure to check it out here.

If you have any feedback with regard to this updated feature, there are several things you can do:

1. If you need clarification about the feature, leave a comment with your question in the Spotify Answer, and we'll get back to you with an answer.
  2. If you preferred the old Your Library, then there is an existing idea in the Community here where you can add your vote to bring it back.
  3. If you'd like to create a new idea which doesn't already exist, and which suggests a specific improvement to the new Your Library, then make sure to head over here.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions - we'll be right here.

Hi Peter! 

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this but I can't shuffle through my Liked Songs if I search for a specific artist. Unless I queue it up I don't have the ease of listening to my favourited songs under one artist sadly. 

I'll be sure to put my vote in the community area. 

I couldn't agree more with the old version being better for the artists tab. Try going for a walk, wanting to listen to a specfic artist, just the songs you've saved and having to scoll through 2,000 liked songs, or do a search. Sometimes I dont know exactly what I want to listen to, so I used to just scroll through the artist page using that little alphabet on the right hand side. This is the biggest reason I swtched to apple music. I love spotify but not being able to easily organize my music is a nightmare. 

This sucks I don’t want to search through an artists entire discography to find the album I want to listen to I just want a list of songs like the artist tabs used to be like if I want to find an album I got to albums. Fix this or I’m going back to itunes

Hey there @Deutsch89,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

Artists in Your Library should link to a list of Liked Songs by that artist. If you're not seeing them but instead are shown the artist profile, we'd recommend you head over to this thread, add your +VOTE and subscribe to get notified of any updates.

Hope this info is useful. If there's anything else you need help with, just give us a shout 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts