Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Being charged data usage for streaming videos but I've never watched a video?

Being charged data usage for streaming videos but I've never watched a video?

Hi there

Hoping someone can help.  My service provider offers free data for spotify but only for audio streaming.  I have never watched a video on spotify before but they are saying that I have been streaming videos?  How can I make sure that I am only streaming the audio?

Many thanks

3 Replies

Hi @LucyLui!

We're glad to have you here in our Community.

Since data usage is considered private information, the only ones that could tell you more about your usage is your date provider.

Currently we don't have a feature that allows to see how much data you've used for streaming music/videos, but we'll pass your feedback regarding this to the right team!

Have a good day.

Hi Leonardo

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I am assuming that my provider cannot tell either 🙂  They can only tell the data is coming from spotify but not if you streamed a video or just audio (mind you I still don't even know if you can stream a video in spotify?  Free spotify has the ads yes but I am on Family premium and I haven't been using my phone with Spotify before I had premium so should not be any video streaming)

I'm guessing that's why they were quick to give me an extra gig of data every month for the term of my contract but still I don't like being told I'm doing something I'm definitely not (unless I am unaware and I am actually doing it) also what if 1 gig is not enough to cover the extra data used by Spotify in a month.

Many thanks 🙂

Hey @LucyLui!

We completely understand where you're coming from.

We'd suggest going to your device's Settings > Spotify > disabling Mobile Data to avoid any unecessary data usage going forward. Hopefully your provider will be able to give you a little more info on your data, if you've reached out to them.

If you need anything else, we'll be around to help out here 🙂

Suggested posts