Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bluetooth stutter and volume turning down

Bluetooth stutter and volume turning down

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

When using Spotify with Android 11, after a while bluetooth audio begins to stutter. Any energy optimizations for spotify are disabled. As soon as i turn on the display, the stuttering stops.

Also i've seen the issue, that when spotify reconnects to a car and after you start a song, the song timer does not start and spotify turns the car volume to 0(or pauses the song, i guess same result) after ~5 seconds.

A quick "fix" for the stuttering is to restart the android device.

A quick "fix" for the music stopping is to either restart spotify or open any other spotify playlist and to start a different song manually.

4 Replies

This has only happened to me with the newest operating system. I am using wireless ear buds that I got on Amazon from Vislla. They worked just fine for 6 months, and then all of a sudden there were different issues that came up - sometimes the music fades, other times after a song plays it just stops and won't go to the next one on the playlist. I wasn't sure if it was the ear buds or my phone, and the company sent me a new set, but same issue right away. Very frustrating.

Hey there @Glandman and @onek24,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to perform a clean reinstall of the app to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, if possible could you let us know if this happens on other mobile devices that and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just got a new BT speaker yesterday and it happens to me as well (same, phone and OS), at first I thought it's the speaker but with other music apps I don't seem to have a problem.
I'll try reinstalling and I'll update again in case it doesn't help.

Thank you.

Hey there @Leolal

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

In case the clean reinstall makes no difference, could you let us know your phone's make, model, exact OS version and Spotify version? It would also be helpful to include your speaker's make and model.

If possible, you can also ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your phone to see if they can replicate this.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts