Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Browsing Your playlists

Browsing Your playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

In its current state, selecting playlists on Tizen devices is pure guesswork as there is no text, only images in [Your playlists]. Not implementing playlist names in the playlist browser surely must have been a mistake that for some reason has gone unnoticed by Spotify for all this time, either that or it may be bugged and thus should be reported as an issue? In any case, some more context below (copied from similar post in the Idea forum):

Scrolling through your complete collection of playlists in one long compiled list from all playlist folders is not intuitive. When browsing your library from a wearable, you're likely looking for something spesific, like a certain playlist from your workout folder, or just your favorite playlist. Sorting options in settings (on the phone app in a separate settings category for the wearable and/or in the wearable's settings), f.ex. "Show downloaded playlists first on/off", "Only show [selected playlists]/[playlists in selected folder(s)]" etc. and a layout/interface that corresponds to the new Android app design, could quickly fix this issue.

14 Replies

Hey there @tim_pear_

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that this is expected behavior in the watch. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for the follow up! To be sure, which expected behaviour did you confirm? If the actual behaviour is not the expected one, this should be an "Ongoing issue" to investigate rather than an idea submission (already made the submission), or am I wrong?

Hi @tim_pear_

Thanks for your reply.

Not showing the names of the playlists is how the app on the watch currently works. 

If you'd like to change this in the future, we'd suggest creating an idea about it in the link we sent previously. 

The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Okay, thanks, but can you confirm whether or not this is intentional behaviour as well as "expected" behaviour, and if it is intentional, why is that so? Making a UI intentionally impossible to navigate is not where we want to be in 2021, right?

The idea to fix this issue has already been posted in the idea exchange, but unfortunately it won't get votes because Tizen users discuss on Reddit in r/GalaxyWatch, not on Spotify Community, so this issue really needs to be treated as what it is, a big issue/bug, not a feature request.

Hey @tim_pear_,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

As previously mentioned, the behavior you're describing is how the app works right now and it's not an issue with the app, but again, we understand where you're coming from and we'll forward your feedback on the right folks.

In the meantime, the best way to go is by voting for the the idea in the Idea Exchange in the Community.

Have a good one.

CarlosEModerator

😅 If this is not an issue with the app, can you please confirm that the app has been intentionally designed to not show any playlist titles in favour of only showing album art thumbnails, as I previously queried? As long as it is only confirmed as expected and not confirmed as intentional, I disagree with the statement that this is not an issue with the app. And if it is intentional, well... at least I will know that this is probably a lost cause 😂

Hi there @tim_pear_,

Thank you for your reply.

If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Oh my... 🙃

Hi! I'd like to check back in here as this must be an issue. I recently went to [Remote] mode instead of [Standalone] mode, and in this mode all playlist titles are clearly visible, and no thumbnails are shown. This inconsistency cannot by any logical means be intentional and should definitely be fixed asap. Thank you in advance for any followup, and thank you in advance for not referring to the idea exchange in said reply. 

Hi there @tim_pear_,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

The Remote and Standalone modes are separate and work independently. As Standalone uses more resources on the watch itself, some changes are required to ensure the watch is able to operate big libraries, including title omission.

We hope that this information was helpful.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

This is unfortunately not helpful at all. Title omission in favor of images for every playlist is more resource demanding than text, not less. Please come up with abetter answer 🙃

Hey @tim_pear_,

We're sorry you feel that way, but again, this is how the app currently works.

We appreciate your feedback on the matter as we always strive to improve. 

For anything else you need, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

In fact, the titles are actually also being loaded, they are just hidden by all the album art. You can see this whenever the watch loads the list of playlists, before the images have finished loading. This is also proof of concept for my previous statement. If removing the titles to conserve resources for some reason was the intention, and the end result is that the way it currently works uses way more resource than intended, how is that not an issue?

Hi again @tim_pear_,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts