Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bug: What's New Missing Recommended Albums

Bug: What's New Missing Recommended Albums

The view of Recommended Albums at the top of the What's New page is frequently failing to be displayed (I saw it a couple of times but not for a while). The similar New Releases section at the bottom is fine.

Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS. Spotify for Android 0.5.0.1247

5 Replies

Was this issue ever resolved?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S and just updated my Spotify app to the latest version.  Now my "What's New" section will not display playlists like "Billboard Top 100" etc.  My wife has the same issue.  I've uninstalled, shutdown, boot up, reinstall and that did not work.  I've logged out and back in, didn't fix the issue.  No problems displaying my own playlists, just can't listen to the various "What's New" playlists.

No issue displaying and playing the Top Playlists Among Friends or Top Tracks Among Friends.  

I just did the latest update on my Mac laptop and now my What's new tab doesn't have the Recommended albums or any of the other recommended features on that page.  The top playlists, tracks and tracks near me are still there but I really enjoy the Recommended elements.  Any word on a fix for this?

This was a bug report from an age ago and in the android forum. Any issue on the Mac client is likely to be different. Did you have a search in the osx forum to see if others have the problem?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'd like to bump this (reproducible) bug. If I "delete cache and saved data" I get to see the Recommended Albums once - the very first time I enter "What's New". After that they're gone. I have to repeat "delete cache and saved data" to see them again.

Spotify for Android version 0.6.4.46.

Is this the only thing which isn't working? Can you follow the troubleshooting guide here please.

Suggested posts