Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bug no notification icon when spotify is playing on android?

Bug no notification icon when spotify is playing on android?

I just realised why my battery drained so fast the previous week. I found out that spotify continued to play when I left my car (Bluetooth). Normally spotify stops playing when disconnect but that seems to not be the case. And I don't have any spotify icon either. Please bring those things back or fix this bug.
13 Replies

I feel like this is currently a General Problem with Spotify, it opten keeps playing although the Bluetooth Connection is nö longer established. Also the Play/Pause/Back/skip Buttons (on the Bluetooth divice) don't seam to work in those Situation. It seams like the app ignores any external Input Not eine within the app sometimes, which it is why it also keeps playing with a lost bt Connection.

Spotify is not hibernating when you aren't using it, on top of the playing after disconnecting from Bluetooth. Something has been wrong since the last update. It is draining my phone to the point where it is dead for an hour while recharging.

I'm also missing the notification and toggles in my notification bar on my Pixel XL.  It has randomly popped up buy majority of the time it's missing.

I also noticed music continues to play after disconnecting from Bluetooth.

No spotify staff comment?  It's very annoying, because sonetimes it keeps playing loud in quiet places.

Same issue here Galazy S6, it started after the last update I think.  My chips inserts no longer control play pause and when I disconnect bluetooth (car or headphones) it keeps playing.  They really broke the controls on the last update.  I am starting to look for other music services that might work.  

The lack of a comment from Spotify speaks clearly about their level of support.

The controls in the notification aren't workingnif Spotify has benn open for a long time, and my Bluetooth device can't control Spotify at all. It can't stop the music when I turn if off or take a call on my phone.

Same thing here. On the locked screen spotify ain't there anymore so no music control from my steering wheel. Like the others, as soon as I turn the car off it start playing from the phone speakers.

I'm almost to the point of getting google music instead.

It's not spotify, it's android. Go into Android settings, then battery and go into battery optimization and disable optimization for spotify. Should fix it.

If it were dooze doing its "magic", it should also stop the music from playing, right? 

I doubt that would fix the issue with no spotify icon and working controls from and prevent spotify to continue playing after disconnect from Bluetooth.

I just updated my nexus 6p to android 7.1 and was having these same issues and it fixed it up for me, it's always worth giving it a shot just incase

Och maybe you are on something here. If that is the case then at least I assume that spotify has adopted there version based on Android 7. But the majority of android users are still using an older version. If that is the case then we have a rookie mistake to not verify that the update is back compatible with older android versions.

None of the solutions worked for me. I cancelled my Spotify subscription and now use Google play music with a family plan.

The app is integrated into android so no problems now. And honestly, I can now say that I like Google play music better.

For those who still have troubles with Spotify, try the Google play music trial.

Farewel!

Suggested posts