Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't save Spotify to SD Card (Galaxy S5)

Solved!

Can't save Spotify to SD Card (Galaxy S5)

I completely in installed the app and reinstalled and the option to save to SD Card in the app manager still isn't available.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found something that should help in the Spotify FAQ:

If you want Android to stop putting Spotify files (e.g. downloads for offline enabled music) in your internal memory and on your SD card instead:

1. Make sure your SD card has at least 1GB free space and has more free space than your Android's internal cache would have if empty.
  2. Empty your internal cache. To do this:
    1. Tap Settings in the Spotify app.
      User-added image
    2. Scroll down and select Delete cache and saved data. Please note this will require you to re-sync your offline playlists.
      User-added image
    3. Tap OK. You'll be asked to confirm; click OK.
      User-added image

Now any offline playlists you sync will save to your SD card!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

I found something that should help in the Spotify FAQ:

If you want Android to stop putting Spotify files (e.g. downloads for offline enabled music) in your internal memory and on your SD card instead:

1. Make sure your SD card has at least 1GB free space and has more free space than your Android's internal cache would have if empty.
  2. Empty your internal cache. To do this:
    1. Tap Settings in the Spotify app.
      User-added image
    2. Scroll down and select Delete cache and saved data. Please note this will require you to re-sync your offline playlists.
      User-added image
    3. Tap OK. You'll be asked to confirm; click OK.
      User-added image

Now any offline playlists you sync will save to your SD card!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

This appears to have worked for me, *but* I had to clear both the andoid device cache (first) and then the Spotify cache to make it happen.

This worked like a charm, and even is the easiest of the countless suggestions out there! Kudos!!

It auto saves to your SD. Go to settings in Spotify. Scroll down to Storage and make sure SD is check.

Its still isnt working for me, ive deleted both cache and data on both phone and app and set the download option to SD but the songs are stil being downloaded to my internal storage. Help, please!!

Some of us are experiencing a bug where spotify is incorrectly reporting storage usage which I reported here. Could you follow the steps I posted to see if you are seeing the same bug?

Suggested posts