Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot play nor view downloaded playlists without internet connection

Cannot play nor view downloaded playlists without internet connection

My Question or Issue

Bug:

I cannot play my downloaded playlists without internet connection.

I have testet this on two android devices with the newest version freshly downloaded from the play store.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download the newest version of spotify (8.9.66.543)

2. Download a playlist

3. turn on airplane mode

4. close spotify completely (optionally, force stop, clear cache, either does not make a difference)

5. open spotify, navigate to 'Your Library'. You might already be stuck with black page and loading icon. In this case, try to close and reopen the app until you can at least see your playlists.

6. If you can see the list of playlists, try to tap one. Sometimes, this already does not work and you cannot even open a playlist

7. In the case that you could open a playlist, tapping a song does not play the song. Tapping a song, sometimes does not provide visual feedback as it usually does. Either way no song is being played ( again, i tested this on two separate android devices and had this problem for months now)

Plan

Premium

Country

Tested in Germany and Spain

Device

Nothing Phone (1), Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

Operating System

Android 11 and Android 14

BTW: 5MB upload limit is rediculous. I had to COMPRESS a 30second video?...

1 Reply

Hi @gengarxp,

Thanks for reaching out and for providing all this valuable info.

Firstly, you shouldn't clear the cache before trying to use the app offline as that cache is necessary for the app to work without the internet connection. It may also do other things like clear your login data. 

To cover all of our bases, try performing a full clean reinstall, redownloading the content and then trying again. Also check if you have any cache clearing or battery optimization apps or equivalent settings active on your devices and try either disabling those or at least adding Spotify as an exception.

Also FYI, if you want to send us some files that are too large to upload here, you can always send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts