Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Chromecast Audio not visible

Chromecast Audio not visible

Merry Christmas guys.

Just got a Chromecast Audio today and was looking forward to casting music from my Spotify account to my existing speakers, but the device is not visible in the Spotify app, however in other music apps the device works fine.

Spotify is updated to the latest version
The Chromecast/my phone/Spotify has been restarted multiple times
I have factory reset the device and reinstalled Spotify

I have a premium account (but pay £5/month as a student) and am using a Moto G 3rd gen if that matters
15 Replies

Hi,
I have the same problem trying to cast from my phone. Everything was checked following the official spotify and Google instructions (premium account, last firmware, last version of spotify and Android 5). I have two chromecast and both have the same issue.

Any idea please.

Many thanks in advance

Same issue: 3rd gen moto G, 2015 Chromecast Audio. Other apps work (eg Pocket Casts) fine. One weird thing is that if I cast from my iPad the devices appear on my Moto G Spotify, but then disappear after a few minutes! Just started a Spotify premium trial period but this is a deal breaker if Spotify can't fix it (I can't see how it's a Moto G or Chromecast problem since other apps work fine)

Have exactly the same problem (Chromecast Audio not shown in Spotify) on exactly the same phone (Moto G 3rd gen).

I also have a premium account and have the latest spotify version. Casting from google music works fine...

This is driving me crazy, it basically makes the Chromecast Audio completely unusable...

We should keep each other posted...

angeliyo18,what phone are you using?

Hi Gig,
you just read my mind 🙂 

thanks for your link, i have put the same at google forum and i hope they listen our prayers.
My post was wrote about the issue with a Samsung Galaxy Prime,
but i have tried again with a Sony Xperia Z5 compact and it can detect every chromecast (Video and audio)
so it looks like some issue with the phone version.

This are the info about SW:

Samsung Galaxy Prime - SM-G361F
Android version = 5.1.1
Spotify version = 4.4.0.1008
Chromecast version = 1.13.14

Sony Xperia Z5 compact E5823
Android version = 5.1.1
Spotify version = 4.4.0.1008
Chromecast version = 1.13.14

With Xperia  they work like a charme.

Ladies & Gentlemen from Spotify user care, any solution?any idea?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Same problem here, on my dad's Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM-J100H). The CA doesn't show up in the Spotify-app on the J1 unless we use an iPad or my Moto G (first generation, Android 5.1) to initiate streaming to the CA.

All apps are freshly downloaded, so I guess the problem is with the Galaxy J1 which won't see an update beyond 4.4.4, unless I go the custom rom-road, which I don't really want to do on a phone which is not my own.

So, once it is set up, everything is working great, but as soon as a different device grabs the stream, it is not possible to redirect it to the CA from the phone (which is supposed to become the main control unit)..

same problem (Chromecast Audio not shown in Spotify) on exactly the same phone Moto G 3

According to the Reddit-thread, the 6.0 update for the Moto G3 should fix things. I'm considering updating the Galaxy J1, but that one won't go beyond 5.0.1 I believe, so it might not solve the problem, which would make it a waste of time. As other software (Google Music) can see the CA, it does seem to be a Spotify-bases bug.

I get the cast icon if another device finds Chromecast, but when that device disconnects, I lose it. My phine detects it and can cast the screescreen, but not from Spotify. moto G 3rd gen

Maybe you can try to make a DHCP reservation if available on your router so that your Chromecast has a fixed IP.

I have no problem since I've done that.

Follow me

Same problem here.

Samsung Galaxy TAB E 9.6

Chromecast Icon is showing up on my other Android device and iPhone as well.

It's already fixed for my galaxy core prime.

Thanks to Dev team.

Best regards

I fixed this by setting my router to accept DHCP and NAT (which was toggeled off). After activating this the google chromecast audio came up and everything worked fine.

I'm having a similiar issue on Spotify Desktop where if I only see the Chromecast Audio under under the Devices list of available speakers if I play the audio first via Spotify Android.

Suggested posts