Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Compatibility issues with poweramp equalizer

Compatibility issues with poweramp equalizer

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S23

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

System volume spikes for a bit then lowers below what it originally was at without changing volume %. This occurs when I open the app and skip a song for the first time (either with the next song button or sliding the progress bar). I can consistently repeat this by closing the app, reopening it, and skipping a song. This only happens for the first skip, every skip after skips as expected. This is a very annoying issue because it lowers the volume without changing the system volume so I have to raise my system volume high to get it back to a volume I can hear and then if I close the app and reopen it then my volume is blasting (because closing the app after the sound lowers from a skip resets it back to normal) This happens with both headphones and my phone speaker BUT ONLY OCCURS WHEN USING POWERAMP EQUALIZER APP (Samsung built in equalizer doesn't have this problem, I have also not tried any other equalizers). I need to use an equalizer because it makes my headphones sound so much better. Does anyone else know of a solution for this problem or a better equalizer app that can adjust frequencies to specific decimal numbers without doing this? 

Thanks

1 Reply

Hi there @MrUnpogEZ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Spotify Community!

There's not really a way to control how the app is going to perform when combined with a third-party app like this one, but if you're fine with using the Samsung equalizer instead and it doesn't cause such issues, then it's worth the shot. Spotify also has a built-in equalizer, which you can test out if you haven't.

Hope this clears things up.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts