Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Connecting to Yamaha R-N301 network receiver

Solved!

Connecting to Yamaha R-N301 network receiver

I have just subscribed to Spotify Premium & am trying to connect to my Yamaha R-N301 network receiver. The receiver name appears in the list of connected devices, but when I select it Spotify says it is connecting but fails. I'm running latest firmware on the R-N301 & am using the latest Android Spotify version.

Network setup is: BT Home Hub 5 connected via 5Ghz wireless to Samsung Galaxy Tab-S, Yamaha R-N301 receiver set to Spotify input & connected via a TP-Link 200Mbps Powerline adapter to the Home Hub. A network search reveals that all devices are connected and active on the same sub-net (I use Fing for this).

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to sort this connection isssue out?

thanks

John

UK

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

& now after a few different attempts! I tried connecting Spotify to the R-N301 from my hard-wired LAN connected PC & it worked first time!

So, I tried connecting from the Galaxy Tab-S & it now works as well!

Apparently, the R-N301 doesn't stream from the controlling device (the tablet in my case) but via a direct link to Spotify. It obviously took a while for my (new today) Premium subscription to filter thru.

I hope this gives other users the reassurance that Connect does work with the R-N301

thanks

John

UK

View solution in original post

6 Replies

BTW, the network setup works fine when using Doubletwist to stream to the R-N301 in Airplay mode. Hence my frustration!
Marked as solution

& now after a few different attempts! I tried connecting Spotify to the R-N301 from my hard-wired LAN connected PC & it worked first time!

So, I tried connecting from the Galaxy Tab-S & it now works as well!

Apparently, the R-N301 doesn't stream from the controlling device (the tablet in my case) but via a direct link to Spotify. It obviously took a while for my (new today) Premium subscription to filter thru.

I hope this gives other users the reassurance that Connect does work with the R-N301

thanks

John

UK

I am playing with same issue all day. Can you explain "hardwired" ? Does it.men.you connect PC direct to Yamaha, avoiding router?

What I meant by 'hard-wired' is that I now have a LAN connection to the RN-301 via a Powerline LAN. The other end of this is connected to a BT Homehub 5 router port. I found this setup gave a more relaible connection than I had by using a WiFi adapter with the RN-301.

Hope this helps.

I have same hardwired.connection So fat I javr network radio, can see PC, and can.play musica from all android.phones. But stil no spotify on androod.phone. Question, do I need Spotiffy Android app on phone, or account on PC is enougj?

You need to install Spotify on your Android phone. In order for cross-device streaming to work you need a Spotify Premium account.

Suggested posts