Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dj repeats same songs

Solved!

Dj repeats same songs

If I'm listening to the DJ AI channel on mobile and pause it, when I start listening on desktop, it usually picks up where I left off. If I listen for a while, then go back to mobile, it starts back where I paused on mobile earlier and plays all the same songs, the same dj commentary, even if I press the DJ button it still goes through like the playlist has already been set. And that may be by design but it's kind of annoying. Android app, Windows desktop.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and reports.

We can confirm that developers are aware of this issue and this is something that will be considered moving forward.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)? How about the webplayer?
  • Does this happen when the DJ is off?
  • Does it happen on different networks?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same thing happening. I only listen on my computer (latest macOS + latest Spotify) and the DJ had the exact same words for me yesterday as today. "Here's something from the past" and then he plays the same 50 cent and Eminem songs. And then "here's something that you like" and the same Strokes song.

It says this in the app, but it's obviously not true since I knew exactly which songs were coming next, which kinda ruins the immersion:

Your DJ picks each song for you in the moment, so you never know what's coming next.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 3.19.24 PM.png

I only listen on my computer (latest macOS + latest Spotify) and the DJ had the exact same words for me yesterday as today. "Here's something from the past" and then he plays the same 50 cent and Eminem songs. And then "here's something that you like" and the same Strokes song.

It says this in the app, but it's obviously not true since I knew exactly which songs were coming next, which kinda ruins the immersion:

Your DJ picks each song for you in the moment, so you never know what's coming next.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 3.19.24 PM.png

Hey @trunkadelic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the Chats section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

This issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device, or network limitations that may affect the proper behavior of the app. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, make sure you're not connected to any VPN while using the app as it affects the sync between your account and your device.

Lastly, if the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I have the same issue here. While sometimes it does provide variety it often plays the same set of songs over and over versus expanding out to more songs. On Reddit they claim if it's being repetitive with your music you can switch to a playlist and then switch back to DJ to resolve this and that does seem to help. I know it's still in it's early phases of release so I assume this will improve but it would be good to hear from the team as to whether or not this is a known issue being worked on.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts. 

In order to investigate this further it would be great if you can answer the questions @Joan has posted in his post in the thread. This will help us understand what could be causing the repetitiveness. 

In general the AI DJ and the Spotify recommendations algorithm in general selects songs based on your listening activity and habits. Some users have a very narrow selection of tracks, albums or artists that they listen to, so they might not get many new and different recommendations all the time. This also depends on what genres of music you tend to listen to. Nevertheless, you shouldn't be getting the exact same songs in the exact same order when listening with the DJ. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator

I have the same issue. How do I find the @Dian thread?

Hi there @bluegoo5e,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give us the following info:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)? How about the webplayer?
  • Does this happen when the DJ is off?
  • Does it happen on different networks?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behavior

This will help us investigate further.

AlexModerator

So today, it's doing it on the same device. If I play the dj for a few songs, then go to a different song then go back to the dj, it acts like it's the first time I've listened to it today and plays the same tracks. 

20230828_145136.gif

Alex

It plays the exact same songs in the same order, ai just fast forwarded through an hour of music I've heard before this morning to find a new song.

I have a really immense collection and genres of music I like, yet it just repeated an hours work of music by chance?

on another note, it says there is a DJ button down the bottom.

i don't have a dj button down the bottom

I am on Android and using Android Auto usually when it happens.  Today is Thur Sept 7th and I started the DJ.  It said Happy Labor Day and then repeated the same songs it played on Monday (Labor Day).  This will happen once every couple weeks where it says and plays exact same thing it did a day or two before (the last time I used the DJ).  I think I am usually on cellular data when this happens as well.

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and reports.

We can confirm that developers are aware of this issue and this is something that will be considered moving forward.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Happening to me too. Makes the DJ unusable which is sad.

i have the same issue.

i thought the introduction of the "dj" will solve the problem of spotify repeating songs on 'shuffle' from various playlists. vary annoying! ... but, no, it repeats songs and even repeats what he says and also repeats sets in the same order.

(btw. is there a different accent for the dj ?).

And, is there a feature on desktop app to let the dj know ((as mentioned by the him) if you like the song he is playing or not?

I use the Spotify integration in the Android clock app as a morning alarm. If I listen to the DJ then on my phone, it plays a set of vibes and songs within them. If I then listen to the DJ on my computer like an hour later, it plays the exact same vibes and songs in the exact same order. It does not break the pattern if I hit the DJ button, it just keeps moving on to the next one in the sequence until I finally exhaust everything heard in the earlier session.

Today, I have started the DJ 3 different times on the same computer (2 and 3 were less than an hour apart), and every time, it has played the same 12+ vibes and their contained songs every single time and it is extremely frustrating.

The only thing that seems to include AI in the DJ is the voice generation, otherwise, it seems to be an incredibly worse and highly repeatable version of whatever algorithm already exists.

Not sure why this is marked as solved.  Whenever I switch devices my DJ plays the same songs and says the same things from earlier that day.

The AI DJ have since a bit over a week started to play tracks that are totally unrelated to anything I've listened to. Usually it follows my taste closely (even if it often just repeats what I already listed to). But then it goes nuts and start playing tracks with no connection to anything I've ever listened to.

I have noticed that when using the DJ for an extended period of time (around 6-7 hours), the sets start being repeated with the same songs in the same order. This happens on multiple devices and other people have told me that they have experienced the same issue.

Suggested posts