Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to permanently disable Videos on Android TV

How to permanently disable Videos on Android TV

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Philips 55POS5002 Android TV(TPM171E)

Operating System

Android TV 8.0.0

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

The new video playback feature seems like a nice idea but my TV stops playback and needs to buffer if a video is playing.

To disable videos I have to manually switch to music playback when a video is playing this settings stays until I reboot the device.

If the first song in a playlist has no video I have to first skip to a song with video, switch to music and go back to the song I want to start.

I would like to have an option to permanently disable videos on TV so I don't have to do it every time I start a Playlist.

2 Replies

I have the same issue, and even though I click "switch to audio" it will go back to video after a few tracks.

I have Canvas switched off in my account. 

It is really annoying when you just want music on, because with the videoclips on the music often has little breaks in them.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Currently, Spotify doesn't have an option to turn off videos in the settings. A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to show your support for it by hitting the “Thumbs up” button as Spotify will check it out if it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

If you think your idea should be considered separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts