Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloaded songs/albums and Liked Songs Playlist

Downloaded songs/albums and Liked Songs Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

LG V20

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Newer downloaded songs or albums no longer appear on the Liked Songs play list. Has this functionality been removed?

5 Replies

Hey @AlejoVillegas,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In Liked Songs, tap Sort Liked Songs and you should have an option to organize the list by Downloaded.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,
Thanks for replying. The problem I am facing is that most of the albums and songs I have downloaded recently do not appear in the Liked Songs play list, even after sorting it by Downloaded songs. They do however appear on the Album list when the the Downloads filter is applied.

The customary behaviour is that downloaded albums and songs are automatically included in the Liked Songs play list, that way the user would be able to shuffle through all their downloaded songs.

Hey @AlejoVillegas,

Thanks for  clarifying.

Just to confirm, do you still experience this after a thorough reinstall of the Spotify app?

Keep us posted. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, unfortunately.
I follow the procedure to thoroughly reinstall the app and the problem persists. The only way I get to include new downloaded songs on Liked Songs is if I go song by song and tick the heart button. The song count in the play list does not change either when I download new albums.

Well, it turns out that downloading an album that is not currently in the library (like a brand-new release, for example), would not automatically save its songs into the Liked Songs playlist. The official explanation is here.

This answers my question on the change of functionality.

Suggested posts