Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloaded songs getting deleted from my second phone

Downloaded songs getting deleted from my second phone

Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with a query please.

I have a premium student subscription and would like to have spotify songs downloaded onto an old phone (which doesnt have internet on it), so i can effectively use it as an mp3 player.

However, when i do this Spotify gives me an error message (like, "you have spoitify on a maximum number of devices and we need to delete your songs" - even though i have premium and can have spotify on more than one device. Or, it sometimes just deletes the songs off of my phone without warning.)

Do you know if there is a way to turn my old phone into an mp3 player, without spotify removing the songs please?

Many thanks

Chris

7 Replies

Spotify limits downloads to 3 devices per account. You can check the offline devices currently registered on your account page here and unused or duplicated devices can be removed there.

Hi Joe - thanks for getting back to me. I only have 2 devices registered
(with a maximum of 3 allowed), do you know why else I might be receiving
the error messages/forced deletions? Is it because that phone doesnt have
access to the internet? (other than via wifi to initially download the songs)

Cheers
Chris

Hi Joe - thanks for getting back to me. I only have 2 devices registered (with a maximum of 3 allowed), do you know why else I might be receiving the error messages/forced deletions? Is it because that phone doesnt have access to the internet? (other than via wifi to initially download the songs) Cheers Chris

Each device must connect to spotify every 30 days as explained here or downloaded content will become unavailable,

Thanks for the links Joe. Im afraid though that in all instances the songs have been deleted off my second phone within a week of last accessing spotify: So for example, i would download them onto my 2nd phone on a friday before a weekend away, and over the weekend, once spotify cant access the interent, they get deleted. Do you know why this might be happening please?

That sounds odd. Try reinstalling spotify following the steps here. If that doesn't help, get in touch with spotify support and they'll help troubleshoot.

Thanks for your help Joe - it is still happening and happening on my main device as well now, so i have contacted support.

Suggested posts